what would you do or say if...????

I went to my friends house, and I sat on her chair that she had her lap top on the armrest of. It fell like 2 ft to the ground. I got in it, and I was on it for atleast 30 min, and it was working just fine. I left and 4 hours later she texted me and said her laptop doesnt work anymore. I said I was sorry, and that it was working fine when I left. She hasnt really talked to me since, and I saw her online, which she is online right now, and I IM'ed her, and asked if it was okay. She said no, its still ficked up.

WTF am I suppose to say, or do in this situation????

I have no idea if she is just talking to me about her problems, or if she is pinning it on me. Which I feel like its not my fault, cause I was on it, and she told me 4 hours after I had left her house. Anything could have happened.

After it fell she also said that her husband did that the other day and the cd part didnt work for a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you should ask her if she would like to take it in and have it looked at. If she can give you an estimate on the repair cost, maybe you should offer to split the cost of repair with her since her hubby did the same thing I assume from what you said. I mean that is what I would personally do. I would not pay full cost for repair/replacement because it is NOT 100% your fault, but I would offer to help her.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't do anything. Maybe she shouldn't be leaving a lap top on the arm of a chair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• hmmmmm well you did drop it... and it could have had some delays in showing any problems. i think based no the fact that you dropped it you should do and say more than...well it was working when i left. put the shoe on the other foot. i think you should offer to help her get a new one. or have that one examined by a professional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• shouldnt be your problem...if you feel really guilty and she continues making a big fuss then maybe offer to pay to have it looked at..probably only 30 dollars or so. Thats about as far as i would go..then i would reconsider having her as a friend if she would even allow you to do that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• if i saw a laptop on an the arm of a chair and i wanted to sit in that chair, i would move the laptop first before trying to sit my rump in the chair. bad call. i think you owe her more than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i can't believe the moms on here are saying it's not your problem and making it hers. that's only because it's not their machine. it it were they would be mad as all hell and maybe even trying to knock your head off your shoulders. this is a laptop not a dish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• OP* I know its not a dish. And they are expensive. Like I have the money to pay for a new lap top for them in the first place, but I have already offered to help fix it, but she isn't talking to me, or hasn't talked to me since. I don't want this to be the end of our friendship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i once let my friend drive my brand new car (only 2 wks old) she crashed it! Did i blame her...yes, did i expect her to buy me a new one, no! I let her drive it...it was my fault.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I drop mine like every 5 seconds. The only thing that ever happened to it was the screen went white, but when I shut it off then back on, its fine. She probly wants to sorry you into buying her a new one.. Not such a nice friend.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You should pay to fix it or atleast offer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009