im a new mom and i make myself stay up

yeah you read it right i have a 4 month old LOVE HER so much ugh shes the best thing in the freaking world! anywhoo i stay up & bake..(baking is my new cigarette) believe it or not. after baby goes to sleep i stay up to get time to myself (well it's sort of "time to myself" i check on her every 10 mins or so) even though im fitting to stay awake & have nothing to do but answer questions on here, bake banana bread & cheeses cake (want some i don't even eat the stuff lol) i still half way enjoy it (the other half is asleep) wishing i could have time during my awakeness mode but husband works 2 jobs & has no time to do any thing but sleep & eat .. witch works cuzz we have a big bed & i feed him well, im not at the stage yet to "trust"? anyone other than me or hubby to watch our baby.. & to make this into a question dose any body else do this?

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 1:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I actually enjoy sleeping lol...
    mcdthree

Answer by mcdthree at 1:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• HELL NO! lol I am one of those people that need my sleep or look out! You REALLY do need to take time for yourself and you need your sleep. We all go through our stuff though as Mommies, especially new ones. Take it easy, get some zzzz's. I guess the best thing is to find a healthy balance. Whatever works for you, but don't get burnt out on it and don't check on the baby so much... this will cause problems later down the road! Have you thought of starting your own business? Maybe open a bakery someday? You seem to have a passion for it! Good luck to you and Congratulations!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 1:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No way. When my baby went to sleep, I was right there along with him snoozing. Sleep depriivation will only make you more easily stressed and lethargic. While trying to handle a baby, it's rough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• lol...I stay up late and bake all the time...most of the time I dont even eat it. I do get plenty of sleep still, I am just the only one in my household on a silly work schedule that leaves me wide awake until 1:00am.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I stay up late after my dd goes to bed. But, I don't bake...lol. I work. I started working from home not just because we needed the money, but because I needed something to do and to look forward to. If baking is what you look forward to then more power to you! Just don't eat all that stuff or you'll gain weight!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I stay up too..I work at home and take care of my kids, so i don't have much time to myself. I fall asleep with my daughter around 8pm, and i wake up around 12am and logg in to this site, review my e-mails, catch up on news, or catch up on work. I go back to bed around 4am and wake up at 6:30 to start all over again.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I do it too, not always baking, but I stay up and do things for myself, reading, watching a little tv, things like that. But I try to take naps during the day when DD is napping, otherwise I'd never sleep, lol. Still, I think it's normal to want a little time to yourself, and with a new baby it is hard to trust someone to take care of him or her (I pretty much trust my mom and DH's aunt and no one else) it is hard to get that time. But if it works for you to stay up and bake, more power to you, by the time your DD gets into school you'll be the mom with the best cupcakes :)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well, I will stay up and read or watch tv or be on the computer but mostly I sleep cause I have an early riser. but hey, whatever works for you!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2009