Can I use dish soap w/ lavender to wash cloth diapers?

The kind of dishwasher soap you buy from the health food store..I think the brand was bio-cleen? and can I use soap flakes from dr. bronner's solid soap because they don't sell the liquid where I live or borax...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're washing by hand I think its fine, in your wash macine dish soap may cause too many bubbles. 7th generation makes a great all nat soap, I use Simplicity (Walmart). If you're specifically trying to get the urine out better, vinegar is great for cleaning. Come check out a couple of the all nat groups for some great recipes that won't expose you or your little one to toxic chemicals like bleach. I belong to a few if you wanna stop by my page & check out my groups, great ladies w/ great advice.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We use Soap Nuts to wash our diapers. We only use dish soap when stripping the diapers. When you do that you have to rinse in the washing machine several times, and you want to be careful of how much dish soap you add. If you add too much the bubbles will overflow and make a HUGE mess.

Check out this Cloth Diaper Detergent Chart.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009