Do you keep soda in?

I'm trying to completely stop drinking it. Ive heard aspartame is bad for you and that is what's in crystal light. What is good besides water?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think an excess of anything is to much.We only drink soda in our house on the weekend and holidays.We have 5 kids so it's important to stick to a schedual, they seem to do better with these kind of simple rules.It also keeps everyone trying knew things.I personally like Propel the flavored waters. I also like Vitamin flavored waters.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Aspartame is in diet soda, not just regular soda. :) Drink juice and stuff (shrugs) I drink water, root beer...
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Try a spritzer of fruit juice in water (my favorite is cranberry or raspberry) or in unsweetened iced tea. My dad prefers a slice of lemon in his water; it's very refreshing. We rarely have soda in our house unless someone else brings it in. My kids even prefer iced tea or water.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We don't drink soda inour house. We just have water, koolaid (for kids), juice (when we get it with wic) and milk. Try out those little packets you pour into a bottel of water, like crystal lite!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We also drink juice spritzers or iced tea with juice.Though I drink mine with sparkling water and juice.I once drank too many soft drinks,DDP to be exact,so years ago I broke the habit with sparkling water and lime.Love iced tea and always did-a Texas girl.We drink soft drinks as a treat , in the fall that means when we watch A&M football and eat junky type football food.We record the games if we have to.I really believe it's ok to have the bad stuff in moderation. I have some cousins that were not allowed anything sweet ever,not because of an illness.They would come visit for a week or two without their parents.They would bring money and EVERYDAY we would ride our bikes to the corner store and they would buy tons of Twinkies,candy,icees more than my sister and I ate in a year.They would smuggle home jam,candy,Oreos it was amazing to watch.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I love seltzer with a little OJ. I can't keep soda in the house, my DH would just drink the whole bottle in a day. I would rather get my calories from food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• juice or iced tea is what we usually have besides water and soda. Watch yogurts too cause apartame is in some of it as well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We drink mostly water. You can liven it up with sliced of fruits or vegetables. You can use stevia for sweetening (be careful, though, a little goes a long way, and too much is bitter).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Aspartame is generally only in diet. I drink the good stuff :) If you only drink diet, I know my mom loves diet dr. pepper. I believe that is sweetened with splenda. I really like a slice or chunk of fresh fruit in my water. Especially citrus!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Everything in excess is bad for you. Honestly, reg soda is better than diet. The chemicals in the diet sweeteners are not natural. The best thing to adjust to not drinking it is to wean yourself off of it. I'm personally a Pepsi addict. I tried cold turkey once and was told by my boss that if I didn't drink a Pepsi she was sending me home. The main culprit in ALL sodas-diet or not- is the caffiene. Try switching to teas and such. They will help with the cravings
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 4:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2009