Christian parents, if your child came home and told you they were gay, would you support them or kick them out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Answered at 10:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 by: Cappy1979
    My question is also this, if it's God's the one who judges, don't you think it's up to him who a sinner is and who a sinner isn't?
    Who are we to judge anybody for God?

That is exactly the point. We are not the judge. We are commanded to love each other as Christ loved the church. A person's choices are between that person and God. It is not our place to judge. It is our responsibility to love.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Support them. They are your children!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Good morning, I would totally support them.I don't think it would always be easy, my mind does wander.I would think about grand kids and family functions.I also know if I have an open mind anything IS possible.I would take some time to eccept the whole thing, but yes I would support them.Completely!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• support them.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I am a Christian mother who does not believe homosexuality honors God.
    With that said, my job as a mother is to raise my children the best way I know how, with God as my guide. If they came home from college or whatever and told me they were 'gay' I would still love them with that unconditional love that they have known from me their entire lives. They would know that I do not approve of the life style they chose, but I would love them nontheless and they would always have a home in our home.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• That scenario became reality for me, I cried for weeks, analyzing it all, no parent wants this hard life for their children. But I shook myself off and got educated, met other parents and realized that my daughter was the same wonderful human being she was before she told me. Her sexual preference did not change anything about her except her personal sex life, which was no concern of mine.
    One of the first things I did was tell my immediate family that this was the way it was, and I wasn't about to have anyone of them look down on her for that. I also told them that she would be attending family gatherings with her partner, and if anyone had a problem to speak then and arrangements would be made to break ties. Some of them were shocked, and looking back at her childhood I did notice the difference between her and her sister, but back when she was a child nobody thinks of these things.

Answer by older at 8:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• my child is my child. their sex life is none of my business. ( gosh i am such a good mother!) I love anyone who is gay, why woudn't i love my own child?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• So the answer to your question is, I embraced her and told her that there was nothing she could do or be that would make me love her any less, and that I would support her in any way I could. This was many years ago, ever since then I have made it my life's mission to help other gay youth to deal with their identity, and have had many stay at my house after being thrown out by those who were suppose to love them. I became a gay activist and involved myself with several organizations to claim the rights and end the discrimination. I am a very proud parent of a 32 year old lesbian, and her courage and others like her is something to be admired, and I wholeheartedly do!

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would love and support them, regardless of how I felt about if it was right or not. Being a christian means not judging, that is for God to do. And I could never disown my dd whom I brought into this world no matter what.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Since I do not believe God ever said Homosexuality was a sin, i would support them and wish them well. Never read anything that Jesus said as being against Homosexuality. Gay animals found in nature. yeah, I think God is ok with it
    I would only ask that my child refrains from sex unless he was in a committed relationship preferable married or as close to married as they could get.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009