my daughter

i think my daughter is going from bad to worse.she says she is playing with the boys outside for recess but i really dont think so>i went to her girl scout meeting yesterday so i could observe what was going on.nothing went on.she really didnt play with anyone.i felt bad and really dont know what to do?she doesnt even seem to play with her bff anymore.i dont know if its me or if its her friends.she does girl scouts plays soccer and so on.so getting her in with other kids is not an issue.now what?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How old is your daughter? Is there any reason the kids would single her out and not play with her? Has she ever had problems getting along with kids before? I kind of need some more information here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• she is 10...never had problems before but has been bullied.one girl slapped her at the bus and another girl threw her to the ground and scratched her.the school isnt telling me anything.so i guess yes she has had problems before.ive had problems with the moms and my daughter and me.but ive tried to keep my daughter completely out of it.but it does seem as if it is becoming an issue wth her...i dont know if she is seeing this or what she is thinking she wont talk.
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It seems to me that whatever problems you are having with the other mothers is somehow getting taken out on your daughter. If those mothers are talking in front of their children, then those children could easily be picking on your daughter. It sounds to me like your daughter is having some "popularity" issues maybe. It is at that age that girls start to form cliques and decide who is popular and who is not, and unfortunately pick on the ones who aren't. Have you ever thought of taking her out of girl scouts? If she isn't having fun there then why keep her in it? I know it isn't right, but when I was in elementary school the girls in girl scouts always got picked on because they were thought to be nerds. Just a thought. Maybe take her out of that and find something else to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• INTERESTING...ya i can see how the moms are reflecting on there kids.one of the soccer coaches was sapposed to call my daughter to play on a winter indoor team.we didnt know why he didnt well i guess the girl is best friends with my worst frenemy.your right these girls have to be hearing what the moms are saying.i dont want her to do girl scouts.i dont like the girls in the troop this yr.she did cheerleading witha group of girls that were from another school and she had so much fun.ya i agrre with the popularity thing i think she wants to be with the popular gilrs but it isnt happening.these girls all play travel soccer my daughter didnt make the team and this is where the rumor mill begins.i know who the moms are and there daughters are all on the same soccer team...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2009