ultrasound question.

I am pregnant with my 2nd child. i am about 13wks and i will be having my first ultrasound next week to check to see how far along i am and my due date. i know a woman 4wks ahead of me and she is having a boy. i didnt find out what my first was till 5-6 months along so has there been a change? are they maybe checking for the sex sooner? just wondering

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they wont be able to tell u the sex this early. usually around 20 weeks they will tho,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well i dont understand how a woman i know already knows what hers is suppose to be and she is only 17wks at the moment,and she found out a few weeks ago. also i know of a business in the next town over from me that does nothing but ultrasounds but u pay for it and they can tell the sex at 15wks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well, you asked a question i told you the normal time they can check. good for your friend who already knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I believe I learned the gender of mine at 18 weeks
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think they can see by about 15 weeks but usually by 20 weeks they can for sure confirm while doing the anatomy ultrasound. By 20 weeks, they can check kidneys, brain and development pretty clearly and that includes gender.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i wouldnt trust anything before 18wks yea they could tell you as early as 15 but i wouldnt go painting a room over it you never know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• maybe she had an amniocentesis and they told her the sex that way ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We found out the sex of my first child when I was about 5 nearly 6 months, with my pregnancy this time around, and a different DR, we found out the sex at nearly 18 weeks.
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• They CONFIRM at 20 weeks. I was told at 12 weeks that I was having a boy and 8 weeks later it went on record. But it depends a lot on the baby and if they will cooperate. Mine happened to be leg spreaders :P
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009