do u think its ok to have a baby shower with 2nd baby?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and have no baby stuff since we were not planning. my first child is 4yrs old so i will have to start all over with the baby stuff. i didn't have a baby shower with my first but i kinda want one with this one and this one is going to be my last as i will be getting my tubes tied when this one is born. do u think its ok to have a baby shower when i don't have baby things leftover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Of course its ok, this is the new generation we dont just have one baby shower any more. I hear that crap all the time that your only supposed to have one with your first but too bad cause Im having one with this baby too and shes my second. I had a boy first and so all I have is blue stuff so the baby shower is more for girl clothes things like that. Dont worry about it and have fun at your baby shower.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No, I do not think you should have a baby shower for your second child. It is not other people's responsiblity to get you things because you didn't plan well yourself and it just looks like you're begging for stuff. It would look very bad on your part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• to anonymous thats just rude. i am not begging and i can get things i just think a baby shower would help and be fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Lol WHAT A JOKE ANON 7:48!!! Sorry this person must be having a bad day ignore them. And thats what friends and family are for to help you out atleast thats how it works here. Like I said go have fun and enjoy all the gifts for baby.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If someone offers to throw you one, then I see no problem. I only had one, and that was with my first one.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 4 year seperation between children? yup you are totally ok with someone throwing you a baby shower. it would be in bad taste to throw YOURSELF one however.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i dont mean throw myself one i mean someone throw me one and i do have people already offering to have one for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It's human nature to want to celebrate life as it comes. A baby shower is wonderful for the mother as she is shown she is loved and supported by all her friends. A shower is not only for gifts but a time to have a day centered around the coming joy that's in your womb. If your friends want to celebrate this baby then by all means, do so!!!!!
    jennyetta5

Answer by jennyetta5 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I believe it is okay. I believe a baby shower is a celebration of a new family member . I had a baby shower for my 1st(girl),2nd(boy); but did not have one with my third because my mother in law said it was not proper to have one. Then I later found out that another family member asked her where they should have the 3rd baby shower and she shot them down. I did get alot of beautiful gifts after my daughter was born from everyone .It just would of been nice to have everyone come together and celebrate her.
    cookiepops80

Answer by cookiepops80 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Of course you can have a baby shower with EVERY SINGLE BABY you have. Each baby should be able to be given gifts by friends and family, not be forced to have all hand me downs just because s/he wasn't lucky enough to be the first baby. And it is a great way to celebrate the life growing inside you!! I would have a shower regardless of how far apart the babies were born. Just make sure you don't put stuff on the wish list that you don't need because you still have it from the older child (like, I won't be putting crib on my registry since I still have my son's crib).

As far as ANON 8:48 saying it is not other people's responsability because you didnt' plan well for the second child... well, gee, I didn't know you were only supposed to plan for the subsequent babies but that it IS everybody else's responsability to get all the stuff for the FIRST baby you have, so it is ok to have a baby shower for the FIRST baby!
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 9:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2009