What would you have said to your dh???

My dh asked for our address book and I gave it to him as he was fumbling through it he noticed I had little papers with some info that I need stuck in between the pages and he mumbles saying...This book is unorganized just like our house...that pissed me off and I told him that whenever he decides to do a thourough cleaning I will try to maintain it somehow. Why even say anything I do my part and he does his (bringing home the bacon)...aarrgg!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Told him if he had a problem with it he could change it...get his ass up and start organizing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• LOL WOW!!! He said that!! If my DH said something like that. I would have told him. I clean and organize the way I want it. If you want it a certain way do it yourself.

For example, I usually do not make my DH's cup of coffee in the morning, he does it himself. He decided to inform me I was not making it right.  I put to much milk in it and put it in before the coffee not after the coffee . I told him I do it my way and you do it your way. Told him I was just trying to be nice.

Answer by louise2 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well so let me get this straight he ears the living and you stay home and the house isnt organized? I would say thats all on you. When my husband and I first started dating we both worked and shared the house chores equally but as soon as I got pregnant we decided that I stayed home and so all the house chores were on me and my husband works his butt off to support our family and has done so for almost 5 years now. Im a very traditional girl even though Im only 24 my mom has raised us to stay home and take care of your own children and our husbands earn a living. Times have changed now and men are staying at home while the women makes a living but thats not how we chose to live our life. So maybe hubby is right maybe you should organize if your home all day. I cook and clean everyday and take care of our child and we have another on the way. Maybe if your not happy being at home then you should start working outside of home.GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Um, the same thing happend to me - My DH went to get a sheet pan out of the cabinet and caused and avalanche of pots and pans, which woke up the baby and made the dogs bark. He gave me the same bit about organization - I screamed at him and told him if he wanted it a different way that he needed to get off his FAT A_S and do it himself! I do not have a lot of time to "organize" I work fulltime, am the main care giver for our 7 month old and do all of the housework! MEN!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would have asked what he was stressed about. Sounds more like he had something bothering him and he took it out on the closest person. Did sound as mean as it sounded like he has some stress going on inside.

Unless he says things like that on a regular basis, or if your house really is a mess........... only you know that..... we can not tell from one post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• if your doing your job at home, then he really has no reason to be saying that to you. Maybe there's something bothering him.Try and talk about it with him. But if your honestly not doing your part fully . I suggest that you do. with all your heart.

good luck
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would have told him, well if I didn't have to come clean up behind your messy lazy ass all the time, maybe I would have a little more time to organize the trivial things.

If you have a problem with it, then organize it. His reply would be " I don't organize stuff" and my reply would be, that's what I thought now STFU. All said while give him my "say another word and I will beat you look" with my hands on hips and raised eyebrows.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think its crazy to think other moms will still bash no matter what. No one realizes, and I mean the men by "no one", how hard it can really be to get things DONE and by "done" I mean start to finish, with a baby or little one. They require constant attention (if you are doing your parenting job right and I think thats the number one job before the housework). I have so many things here that need to be organized and I intend on getting it done but the thing is way more gets done when my husband helps out with either the baby or the chores because one of us has to be paying attention to her. I think I would have said well I am sorry you dont like the way things are right now but I do my best and I wish you wouldnt criticize things so much. If you would like it done a certain way then please feel free to help out any time. Then you wouldnt be attacking his "bread winning" but letting him know you still have a job to do as well.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'd have said then show me how to organize it the way you want it done.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• "Organized" is a relative term. I can find things just fine because I put them there.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2009