What would you do?

It's 20 degree Celsius with 10 mile an hour winds/ blowing snow. I have to walk my 5yr to the bus stop w/ her 9mon old brother in tow. He is sick with a lung infection. My choices are go to the bus stop and he, possibly, gets sicker or I let my daughter stay home. I have no one to watch my son and no way to drive down to the bus stop. In the end I chose to keep my daughter home. I'm wondering if you were in my postion what would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have done the same thing.

Answer by louise2 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Cant you phone a neighbor to walk your daughter down to the bus stop. Who else is the bus picking up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Get an older neighbor kid or other parent to take her down to the bus stop. if she's the only one there plead your case to the transportation Dept. and ask if they could please change the stop to your house.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I live in a trailer park, and truth be told I don't know many of my neighbors very well. The few neighbors I do know well don't have kids that go to school or they go to a babysitters and ride a different bus because their parents leave for work extremely early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Oldermomof5 it's the school that does the route and because we live way back in a trailer park they won't revise the route to circle the park. She's one of the oldest kids at the stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would have done the same
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• eh...jsut keep her home! I mean it's not like you do it all the time right?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Charlotsomtimes No I wouldn't of today if her brother wasn't sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• it's no biggie then - don't worry about it ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think as a temporary solution you did fine. But I'd try to find a better solution for the next time. Is there a neighbor that could stay with baby while you take your child to the bus?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2009