Dandruff

I have dandruff real bad it is really gross i use Head and shoulders shampoo atleast 4 times a week and than something else the other days i dont get it because i still have it. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Finesse, moisturized-it is the purple bottle, and make sure you rinse very well-sometimes shampoo stays in your hair and you wind up with build up.

Use it everyother day, It will stop from drying out your hair.

I use it. :)

If that does not work, there is a medicated kind, ask you pharmacy, my mom used it once, I started using finess when my mother told me about it.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My kids had it really bad too with chunks not just flakes of dandruff. Switching to Lubriderm (sp?) Sensitive Skin Lotion (it's bottle is green and white) as a scalp conditioner plus as a shampoo Irish Spring Original liquid soap keeps away the dandruff the best for us. We've also used with success Neutrogenal shampoo that comes in a clear square short bottle as a shampoo and used their Neutrogena tall clear bottle with pink shampoo in it as a moisturizer. The Irish Spring and Lubriderm's just easier for us to get.

Pure dandruff shampoos never worked for us. Plus when my kids have been real sweaty and once home, rinsing even only their hair right away with water unclogs their scalp and keeps up on no dandruff.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Get a shampoo with tea tree oil (trader joes has a very reasonably priced one).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Tea tree oil. U could buy Paul Mitchel in the green bottle (expensive) or put a few drops of the oil in regular shampoo. Blow drying and dry winter air can cause dandruff.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Go to a salon and get scalp treatment. Dandruff is a bacteria and can be cured thru certain scalp treatments and like your looking for shampoos. However for best results I would say to get a scalp treatment.

Also some doctors can prescribe special shampoos in really bad cases.
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 1:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009