sleep issues

For some strange reason dd (just turned 4 months on the 6th) has been getting up at 5am everday for the last few weeks. She used to sleep until 9-10am. I don't know how good this is for her nor do I think I can handle much more of it. What can I do?

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be a growth spurt. Is she fully awake? Or just fussing? I would say if she was just fussing then leave her be and she should go back to sleep on her own. But again she could be hitting a growth spurt
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Fully awake. She starts out fussy which wakes me up and next thing I know she's scooting around. I will usualy try to get her back to sleep by nursing and burping androcking for like 2 hours before I cave and get up for the day.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Both my daughter and nephew have done the same thing (they're 10 days apart and almost 6 months, so my sister and I talk about it as much as possible) I've noticed that with my DD, her waking up is because she's hungry, my sister tells me that her son wakes up because his little nose is stuffy (he has a bad cold) so it's different for each baby, but it's normal, a bit of a strain on a tired mommy, but normal, lol. I would just see if anything helps get the little one back to sleep, snuggles or rocking usually work for my DD after she has some time to nurse. Good luck!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 9:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I have an early riser.. I've tried adjusting bed times, more food before bed, less food, more liquid, less liquid, rocking back to sleep reading books.. he's 2 and 5 is our wake up time, I just learned I have to go to bed early for it not to affect me so much.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2009