Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I think someone might have abused my daughter. She came home from school with a totally different personality, suddenly afraid of the dark and hates nudity. She used to love baths and showers and now she screams every time I try to get her naked for the tub.

What do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • how old is she????

    Answer by nakita72 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Have you talked to her about how she's changed? reassured her that she CAN tell you? you won't be mad or all those other things abusers say to keep kids quiet? oh I am so sorry.. I sure hope its not true..

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • OP here.
    she's 5 and a half. Yes, I told her she could tell me but she says "no reason". I tell her, for instance, "sweety what's wrong? you used to love your baths" and she says "please don't make me do it mommy". I don't know what to do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Oh my God, I really hope that's not what it is. Has this been going on for long? If you think she's been phisically abused it would be smart to take her to her dr. I'm really praying that's not it though.

    Answer by Emmagr at 10:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • take her to her doctor, today!!

    Answer by gammie at 10:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • ask her if someone has touched her down there .. the only way she is going to tell you is if your up front about askin her spacific about what your askin.. and remind her that you are her mommy and you want the best for her

    Answer by cammar424 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Take her to the doctor for a physical. They will be able to tell you if she has any signs of being physically or sexually abused. Then talk to her school principle, so that he can keep a closer eye on the children. Make sure that this doesn't go unsaid that you suspect this, because if something did go wrong it needs to be addressed.

    Ask her specific questions about what you're fearing. Ask her "Has anyone hurt you?", "Has anyone touched you where they weren't supposed to?", "Is there someone that you're scared of?" .. Even if you don't think it's a question relavent to your feared situation, ask her anyway. Make sure you ask more specific questions to try and get more information out of her. Tell her "Hunny, I see that you're scared and I want you to know I am here to protect you. I want you to feel safe, be happy, and healthy. Please tell me what's bothering you" .. Hopefully she confides in you.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • take her to the dr. that is so sad..I'm sorry hope it all turns out okay

    Answer by chica679 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. It does sound like some PTSD. If it were me, I would take her to her ped & ask for a physical and a sexual abuse physical. I would also recommend you ask the DR. for a referral to a Child Psychologist. They will be able to get to the bottom of it for you.

    Answer by RutterMama at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.