Tell me about your religion and there beliefs? There are diffrent things in the bible?

OK, so who made it up. The old testment the new. How can you be a certain religion, if they keep changing it.

I believe there is a God but now I am sooo confused, how can they change the beliefs who gave people the right?? Just curious.
Maybe I am not believing what I should?
I believe love does not come in color, race, or anything of that sort, You love who you love.
I believe a marraige is between a man and a woman, but Gay people should have some kind of connection-when they are a couple, but not marraige.
I believe in forgiveness, you can' t hold a grudge.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you believe in the 'spirit' of god that is all that matter. Churchs just get in the way for their own greedy purposes; do you think god is really in need of tithes? Not likely! Do you really think with all that goes on in the world; god cares if you eat meat on Fri? I doubt it highly.

The bible is a book written by men thousands of years ago over a long period of time. The "Catholic Church" of today did not decide what books to include or not; that was decided by the Roman Emperor Constintine at the First Nicean council - this actually happened several times where this book was taken out and other text added in to conform with what THEY wanted people to believe; not what god wanted.

cont'd
    Anonymous

• Will have to get to you later on that!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• This should be in R&B.

BUT since it's here anyway, I'll answer. I'm an agnostic atheist. I do not believe in any gods but I do not claim to know for sure that no god exists. Nobody KNOWS for sure.

Oh, and the bible was written by men. It was written by hand for quite a long time, so who knows what they could have changed to fit their needs. I find it to be an archaic book of fables in this day and age. It has some good morals (and some bad ones), but I do not believe it should be followed and taken word for word. That is dangerous.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The Bible was written by the hands of man with the Holy, Inspired Words of God. How do I know what I believe to be true, is true? Because I am alive to prove it. After severe tragedy in my life, after a suicide attempt when I was 16... I am still alive this day.

The Old Testament was written pre the birth of Jesus. The New Testament was written after His death, burial and resurrection. The New Testament is what we are to follow now. That is why Jesus came, so that we may be forgiven and not need an intercessor as stated in the Old Testament. God Teaches us: Love, compassion, no tolerance, forgiveness and not to judge. That is the short list. There is so much more to be learned from the amazing LIVING Word of God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Good job Ruttermama. Very well said. You must be fairly new to the q and a because I havent seen you around. I love your answer and it is my belief as well. I DO KNOW FOR SURE because Christ lives inside of me and there is no doubt that he exists. I have too many testimonies. I do believe that the entire Bible is relevant for today but we dont follow the Levitical Law of course due to Christs birth, death and resurrection. I can now enter into the Holy of Holies all by myself!
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The Bible was written by the hands of man with the Holy, Inspired Words of God. How do I know what I believe to be true, is true?

How do you know what is left is divinely inspired? WHo made that judgement? There were some books taken out...who made the determination that they were not divinely inspired?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Answered at 11:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 by: momofsaee4
    Good job Ruttermama. Very well said. You must be fairly new to the q and a because I havent seen you around. I love your answer and it is my belief as well. I DO KNOW FOR SURE because Christ lives inside of me and there is no doubt that he exists. I have too many testimonies. I do believe that the entire Bible is relevant for today but we dont follow the Levitical Law of course due to Christs birth, death and resurrection. I can now enter into the Holy of Holies all by myself!

Aww, thanks momofsaee4! I'm not new... just have been very busy the last couple months. I just love my God and try to do all I can to share His love and forgiveness message... as that is why we were put on this earth.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The Catholic Church decided what books would go in the New Testament, and which would not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm on the same page as momofsaee4 and ruttermama. We can KNOW the God of the Bible is true and living because He lives IN US through the Holy Spirit and is working daily in our lives. Please contact me if you have any questions. I'd love to talk more!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• "The Catholic Church decided what books would go in the New Testament, and which would not. "

That is correct. They have many volumes of books in their vaults that are not included. They chose what they wanted to have in the bible. If they can censor what books go in, they can surely change they wording to suit them. It is ignorant to think otherwise. The bible was written by man, with man's prejudices.
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 12:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009