How did it come to this?

Frankly, I am disgusted with all of this. Discussions on gay marriage, and incest. The two are in no way the same or have anything to do with one another nor can they be compared. Cousins who marry were never denied rights or basic freedoms, and Gays don't biologically have children with each other. The dumbing down of CafeMom is now at a new level. How can anyone ask a question comparing the two seriously? Gay marriages result in two people who love each other having the same rights as anyone else. Incestous marriages result in gossip, disdain, and 3% of the time retardation. People in incestous marriages can be hurt, nobody in gay marriage gets hurt. Gays were not the cause of the downfall of marriage today. People like Tiger Woods and John Edwards were.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Amen OP Those were my immediate thoughts.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Marriage-The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.

There most definitly should be some kind of union for gays-but honestly I don't think it should be called Marriage-.

Incest should be against the law, there are too many men and woman out here for that. I am sorry, but I don't agree at all-and the fact that it could harm a human life, or make it more difficult for them.

The world is tough enough, for everyone, gays, straights, whites, black, latinos, asians, we don't need to make it harder.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You are right, it's not the same. And they are not the cause of the downfall of marriage. It is Hollywood, and our politicians!!!!!!

But the gay community does have clean up there act. Have you been to San Francisco in June when they have their gay parade? That is what drags them down. Some people think they are sick and when they act sick that does not help their case.

I'm not against gay marriage, as a kid I saw gay kids so I do know you are born that way. The government should not involved in marriage anyway. It should be up to the states.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If you are tired of the questions why did you start another one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It's like people who say "Bestiality and gay marriage are the same!"

Uh, no they're not.

And that (and incest) are just insults to homosexuality. Makes me want to slap a ho.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The whole thing with those posts was to point out that people will jump on the band wagon to deny certain things to one group of people but not another. It was just proving the hypocrisy of this site. The OP of that question said equal rights for ALL but again people on this site only want them for some.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

The constitution doesn't say that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The difference is...incest is unnecessary. You should not be sexually attracted to a family member. It can result in mental retardation or physical deformities. Last time I checked, gay marriage isn't hurting ANYONE. If this makes me a hypocrite, so be it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• ALOT of people say you shouldnt be attacked to the oppisite sex.
    So ya it makes you a hypocrite. I mean I dont like either but when it comes down to it equal rights for all should cover ALL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• As long as it is between consenting adults, incest doesn't hurt anyone either. As for the possibility of disabled children resulting, then it should also be illegal for anyone who may possibly pass on a genetic disorder to have children. Look at the words many of you are using against incestuous relationships. They are the same words that have been used to describe homosexuality and interacial marriages.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2009