Shld I just mind my own business?

My friend let her 6 year old have a myspace acct. Long story short she was approached by a sexual predator. She deleted her acct but still lets her browse the internet w/out supervision. She also didn't report this to the police. I tried to talk to her about it but she keeps changing the subject. I decided to just mind my own business bc after all it isnt my kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• You triend to voice your opinion and she didnt want to hear it, I would just mind my own business after that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Just keep an eye on the kid and if it happens again you call the police.
    You can be her friend (kids) and just talk to her about the dangers that are out there.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Wow really? Dont you think that's overstepping my boundaries a little?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't let my 14 year old browse the internet unsupervised...

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Why don't you get her an internet monitoring software for her next birthday?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• you've expressed your opinions and fears. its up to her to take further actions or make more restrictions.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You've done (morally) what you needed to do; you advised her of the danger she is putting her child in - I'm sure people will freak on me for this but - it's not your child.

Worry about keeping your kids safe; of course you are concered about a child you actually know; but she isn't your child and if her mother is fine with her being at risk; then it's her mother's call. I hope you have the strength not to say "I told you so" when something bad happens; not sure I would...
    Anonymous

• I think you've done all you can for now. If finding out that her daughter was actually approached by a sexual predator and that it isn't just an urban myth didn't scare her right, then I doubt anything more that you say will have an effect either. If it comes up again I think it's fair for you to state how you really feel about it, but if you keep pushing it you'll push her away and then you won't be able to do anything anyway.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You voiced your opinion, I think thats all you can really do.

She's foolish but thats my opinion. Doesnt mean she isnt a good mom otherwise. We all do silly things from time to time(according to what others might think or say).

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009