I need suggestions!!

My 11 month old almost 12 month son is going through a picky stage of eating now. I am looking for breakfast ideas for him.He won't eat jar foods anymore or his rice cereal. He absolutely will not eat fruit at all especially banannas and doesn't like applesauce either. He HATES oatmeal. The only thing I have found he will eat is pancakes but I don't want to just make that for him every morning. Also he loves toast and scrammbled eggs. Any other ideas for breakfast?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son eats yogurt. Have you tried little Mandarin oranges that come in a cup my kid loves that too. Um..you could try bran muffins.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• French toast, cereal like cheerios
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• it sounds like he just doesnt want baby foods anymore .. he wants you to know he is a BIG BOY
    cammar424

Answer by cammar424 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Lots of great ideas here: www.superbabyfood.com and here: www.babyledweaning.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Actually, my daughter who is the same age went through the same thing. I still get baby food jars (2nd stage) from WIC, and so I want to use them to feed her, but she prefers finger foods. Try taking bread and ripping it in pieces and then coating it with whatever foods your little one does like. It'll get the good foods in the baby's tummy, and your little one will still enjoy the finger foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• if he's got a few chompers, feed him what you eat. PB&Js, bacon or suasage, hashbrowns/homefries(my sons fave) Also eggos and frozen french toast sticks are a fave and easy. Cut up fruit like watermelon, cantelope, kiwi, and grapes for a side.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009