Moms of twins??

I have 2 7-yr-old girls, they are identical twins. They look exactly the same but I never added to it dressing the the same etc. They have totally different personalities. Evelyn is a total tomboy while Sarah is very girly. So Sarah would always wear dresses and tie bows in her hair while Evelyn hates dresses and girly stuff. They still do look the same though and teachers can't tell them apart very easily and they're friends even mix them up every now and then so they're tired of looking the same.

They fight a lot about it, they fight with ME about it. Because I won't let them die their hair in order to look different, I won't let them go to different schools etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with their twins? They say they HATE each other. Last night they even slept in seperate rooms for the very first time. They used to be SO close until about 6 months ago. I don't want them to grow up to hate each other...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• cut thier hair differently? maybe layer one's hair?
    I'm sorry your having a hard time, and that they are too!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My twin daughters are all grown up and they went through the same thing. The problem with twins is they are a big deal to people--people will stop and notice, stare, make a committ and its hard on them, they just want to be like everyone else. What i did was one had short hair and one long---i talked to their teachers and told them how they were feeling and if they could just not make a big deal out of things--i made sure if their interest were different they were both in different activities such as baseball/ballet. and most of all they were treated differently by me. i would correct them with fights but also realize its just a phase. if they want to sleep in separate rooms let them don't make a big deal out of it thats what the world does. try not to refer to them as "the twins' . their bond is unbreakable in the future. remember its no big deal if mom makes it not a big deal
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009