Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very confused about autism???

At my son's 3 year check up my dr. told me that my son needs to be check for autism, so I went to another dr to get a 2nd opinion. I didn't say anything about what the other dr said, and they didn't say anything about autism. If he does have it I want to take care of it now, but 2 dr said 2 different things I don't know what to think??? I have looked at autism signs and he has none.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Health

Answers (2)
  • I would ask the first doctor why he think this and ask for example in your child.  And maybe ask for a referral to a specialist.  Autism requires specialized training, not just any medical doctor can adequately treat or diagnose it.


    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • It may be nothing, it may be something. Get him checked out; early intervention is always best.

    There is great information here:


    Answer by rkoloms at 2:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.