Anyone using NuvaRing?

Hey everyone! I have a question for anyone using NuvaRing or anyone who has used it in the past?!? I just got a sample from my gyno and am going to try it next month. I got it thinking it would be easier than trying to remember to take a daily pill. She told me most people she has given it to loves it. I just found a website however with numerous women complaining about how BAD it is! Now I am freaked out about using it! Anyone have an opinion about it one way or another? I know everyone views their bc differently but I wanted to see what you ladies on here thought about it! Thanks!

Kalesmom2008

Asked by Kalesmom2008 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Health

• I used it for 9 months. I liked the convienience of it. It was easy to insert. There is a chance during a hard bowel movement that it may come out and you will need to re-insert it (after rinsing of course but it never happened to me). I never had side effects from it other than it killed my sex drive (less than 1% of women experience it)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Thanks for the input! I did hear that it could kill ones sex drive! Thats one of the complaints everyone had posted! I also read of vaginal dryness, itchiness, and odor.
    Kalesmom2008

Answer by Kalesmom2008 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I had dryness due to the hormones, no itchiness and no odor
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009