I'm thinking about getting my 4 yr old daughter a Nintnedo DS for Christmas...has anyone else got their 4 yr old one?

She played with my little sisters the other day and it seemed to occupy her. She plays games on my iPhone everyday and figures them out on her own, but I'm just wondering if maybe 4 yrs old is too young for a DS? And I'm not sure what games to get that would be on her level. I remember I was 4 when my mom and dad got me a regular Nintendo system and I had Mario and Duck Hunt and I played it all the time and I figured it out.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter is 5 and she had her DS when she was 4. she also had played xbox since 2 and the wii.. Great for entertaining on long trips for sure.. my daughter loves hers. she loves the game cooking mama ..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Oh they also have dora and diego games, mario party , racing games. lots of games for her age.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 11:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• my son stared playing his brothers DS when he was 3, now he is five and has his own. they have games that are educational as TaiM listed.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 12:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Thanks guys :) I just went on my lunch break and bought her a used one at GameStop and I haven't bought her any games yet, but they had a couple of animal games and Littlest Pet Shop games and a Spongebob game that I may see about. She's going to be really excited!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• littlest pet shop may be a little to hard it involves a lot of reading if I can remember. not sure about the spongebob. I think kitty luv or catz is a better one if she wants to take care of animals. My daughter loves to play yoshi's island.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 3:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My daughter plays with mine all the time and she's 3. Also, she does have her own Gameboy Advance
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2009