Has anyone done a water birth?

Just curious about your experience, did you love it, hate it, would you do it again?

newmomma14

Asked by newmomma14 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i left it as an option but didn't do it. i had my son at a hospital with jacuzzis. i labored in the water for a long time and it really helped with the pain but after a while i really felt like getting out for whatever reason. i definitely want waterbirth as an option for this baby too. =) i like just having the option to be in the water if i want, and out of it if i want.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I had both my children at home. With my first, I LOVED taking hot showers. It really helped me focus better. With my second, I was determined to have a water birth, but I couldn't get comfortable in the birthing tub. I ended up getting out and giving birth on my bedroom floor instead. Good luck though!! Try it out when you start labor! It might REALLY feel great to you!!!
    evasmamma

Answer by evasmamma at 1:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I didnt birth in the water (I got out when I felt like pushing...due to hospital policy, not my own choice)...But I did labor there and it was AMAZING! I had a totally natural birth and it cut the pain in half. Actually more than half! I dont know if I could have done it naturally without the tub!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I had my baby here at home in water...would definitely do it again!! Once I got in, the ctrx were a lot more manageable.You can watch my birth video on YouTube by searching River's birth :)
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009