PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My sons best friends mom had knee surgery and it is not healing as fast as it was sopossed to so she has been out of work for almost two months now waiting for it to heal she is a single mom with 4 kids ranging in age from 9 to 15. anyways nick told my son that his mom said they are not going to be able to do christmas this year because she is trying to figure out how o pay the bills so they still have a roof over there heads but after she went back to work and got caught up she would get them each something. And as my son is telling me this he looks like he is going to cry and then says to me Mom nobodey should go without christmas. he asked me if santa was going to remember them and surley he would take them somthing. This was the year my 10 year old learned the truth about santa and he was heart broken not because he knows he isn't real but because it was his last hope for his friend to get somthing for christmas.

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• So even though we can not realy afford it I am trying to bring christmas to this family and need all the help I can get!!!
    The kids ages are :
    Girl-15 Shirt size Med and Pants 5 she loves make up
    Boy 12- Loves science stuff and anything to to with space and models as well as super mario games
    Girl-10- Realy likes Littlest Pet shop and Webkinz
    Boy 9- Loves all boy toys and fishing stuff
    Please if you can Help me bring a christmas to this mom and her kids and help me teach my son the true meaning of christmas!
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 11:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• God, stories like this tear at my heart. That's so sad. Maybe you could invite that family over for Christmas dinner, and have them celebrate the day with you. Just the kids being together would be fun for them. Maybe you could purchase a few inexpensive gifts and give them to the mom to give to her kids. Or you could make them each something. I don't really know, but I hope things work out.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Praise GOD for such a compassionate son and for you for teaching him that!

What I would do is this: If I were financially able: I would purchase something for each of the children, preferably online - and have it shipped to their home - anonymously - pre wrapped. I know that JC Penney will gift wrap for free and ship to them. I think Toys R Us will do the same. If you can't order online, go to the store. Again, purchase something for each child, wrap them, put 'from santa' on the tag & deliver them at night perhaps, when no one is awake.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I know I am soooo Proud of my son! it is days like this I know I did somthing right!! WE have a christmas hometown holiday up here and they have christmas contest evry day to win a toy so I got in yesterday and won a dart tag game I am going to wrap that up for the 9 year old boy and I went to walmart and picked out a Petshop toy that was on sale for the 10 year old and saw some makeup kits in the christmas Isle I will go pick one ine later when I have more money for the 15 year old. the 12 year old is kicken my butt though science and model stuff is pricey!! I am hoping to get togather what I can and put iit in a box and do the drop knock and run christmas eve. I am going to try to get togather some food too.
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 12:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You are an amazing friend. If I had ANY extra money, I would definitely help you out, but I just donated toys to Toys for Tots and the Angel Tree. As far as food goes, you should check with Angel Food ministries to see if they have a program available near you. you can pick up nice boxes of food for a steep discount. You still pay for it, ubt its really cheap, and good food. I am sure the mom would greatly appreciate that. Maybe bake a nice casserole and give it to the family. For the 12 year old, I know its difficult. My 10 year old is into the same things. Check on amazon.com.

This is cool, its a Star Finder, and would only be $15 with shipping included

http://www.amazon.com/Toysmith-79491-Ultimate-Star-Finder/dp/B000HGLM9U/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1260560421&sr=1-26
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Series-Saturn-V-Rocket/dp/B00000IUA7/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1260560488&sr=1-4
    AprilDJC

• awsome thanks for the link !!!
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009