Has anyone tried Veet? What did you think?

I'm nervous about trying it because I get a bad skin reaction from Nair. That really burns! I was wondering if Veet is the same thing. And does it work? Nair never even worked for me anyway. lol

megs1228

Asked by megs1228 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have sensitive skin too and veet was a little gentler, but still burned a bit. It worked great on my daughter's fine hair but not so well on mine. I ended up shaving when I was done.
    Kbeth

Answer by Kbeth at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i ued veet once when i first came out . did not like it. and if you live where it is hot keep it in a cool placebecause power went out and veet popped right out of bottle ib bathroom undre sink made huge mess.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 10:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Veet for me was similar to Nair. On both I ended up having to shave anyway for all the missed spots. Just a big waste of time and yes it does burn sensitive skin which only makes it harder to shave afterward.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• both veet and nair gave me burns...is stick to Mary Kay 2-in-1 Wash and Shave or just old conditioner now.
    retz

Answer by retz at 1:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• omg! if ur anything like me skinwise u will want to run the other way!wehn i used veet(never had a problem w/ nair)i did both my legs at the same time and had one big horrible painful rash/scab on each leg!and that was only after a few seconds until i realized it was burning.and i dont think i have very sensitive skin either.
    love2bamommy771

Answer by love2bamommy771 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I have really thick hair & Veet didn't work for me.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I tried it before and laughed. .. not any better than Nair - it's the exact same concept except you use a squeegee rather than a washcloth to remove the hair. ..and on my thick hair it didn't even work. I stick to shaving, but I am considering waxing (bikini area) if you have any thoughts on that. . .
    luvbeinhermom

Answer by luvbeinhermom at 12:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Thanks all. As far as waxing, I've never waxed my bikini area before. Thinking about trying it though. I HATE shaving!!!!!
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• i had use veet and find that it is the same as near but with a rubber shaver! i do not like it and i like to shave with a mans shaver the mac 3.
    char411

Answer by char411 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had the same reaction to Nair, and Veet did the same thing to me :(
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2008