DO YOU SPANK OR/DO YOU USE TIME OUTS

JUST WONDERING WHAT MOMS PERFER TO USE AS PUNISHMENT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son if you spank him its like fuel to a fire... it works better to just take things that he really likes .. like if he gets into trouble at school he dont get to use the computer or play any games... a spankin hurts for a sec and messes with their head ... takin things lets them know they have to do good in order to have good things in life....
    cammar424

Answer by cammar424 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I use time outs, I have spanked before im not against it. Most of the time time out works.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• both ..
    Anonymous

• My son is not old enough for discipline but I intend on using time outs, def. not spanking! That is cruel!
    BlazzinBebe88

Answer by BlazzinBebe88 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I swat, and use time outs, but I don't swat that often
    Anonymous

• I use both depending on the situation. Mostly time outs or going to her room. Or playing the computer upstairs by herself, that is when her attitude is terrible and this way I don't spend the evening yelling at her and she is content. He mode generally improves after.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My DD is still too little for discipline, but I plan to use timeouts, it worked with me and I grew up when spanking was pretty much the norm (at least where I lived)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I typically use time outs but I have spanked my daughter a few times.
    Anonymous

• I NEVER spank. Each one of my children responds to different forms of punishments. It took a while to find out what worked best though. My oldest gets tv or books taken away, my middle daughter does more chores and my son stands in the corner.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i dont even use time outs ... they didnt work either sorry forgot to put that in my msg lol ...
    cammar424

Answer by cammar424 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009