what questions to ask bf if you want to know how they feel about your relationship?

me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 4 yrs and i want to know if he really wants to be in this relationship and if he will ever marry me i don't want to go past 4yrs and we are not married yet i feel like he should know already if he wants me or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• be up front... ask him if he wants to be married or if he has plans to marry you ... and tell him to be totally honest
    cammar424

Answer by cammar424 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• you have to be up front or you will never know
    cammar424

Answer by cammar424 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• girl we are in the same shoes.. im with him 3 yrs 4 on may.. we have a 1 yr old son.. and last night i was feeling the same way.. he told me that on june 2010 we getting married and that he wants me to be his wife.. .. i loved it i want to sleep soo happy.. just go and talk to him.. telll him what he wants and then you tell him what you want...
    GOOD LUCK!! =)
    Anonymous

• we have been going through alot he always says he wants to break up then he stays we have lived together almost the whole time give or take 2 months but i need to know
    Anonymous

• Just ask him. If you have been together for 4 years and you cant come right out and talk to him about something important...then maybe YOU dont want to be with him. kwim?
    Anonymous

• Four years? You should both be on the same page with future plans...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i think he is afraid of getting his feelings hurt but i feel like i invested too much into this i treat him like a wife should i cook clean work and cater to his needs
    Anonymous

• He has everything he'd get in a marriage plus he has the freedom to leave without guilt bc he's not IN a marriage so it's up to you to set some goals. Don't leave it up to him. Tell him you want marriage. Tell him to set a date or get out. That should shock him if nothing else. Even if he got his boxers in a twist and left he wouldn't stay gone long. Four years of your life is a lot to invest in a relationship that may not be going anywhere. You are not getting younger and why give him all that he wants and you get the short end of the stick. I'd just tell him what I want and would NOT ask him how he feels about anything. He sounds like he feels something one day and something else the next so YOU stay in control of your life. Tell him what's up and invite him along for the ride (marriage) or you will find someone who will. Guys are competitve and if he thinks you are serious he will jump through hoops to keep you.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I have to echo what admckenzie said. You need to take control of what you need. You need to be upfront and tell him what you want.
    However becareful what you wish for. I gave my husband the ultimatum after we had been together for 7 years with 3 children. We ended up getting married, which in the beginning was great. Then for me everything changed when my oldest was about 11. I realized I had been identifying myself as a wife and mother for far too long and became very unhappy. If he's ready to move forward just make sure you both really do want this and you're not just doing it because the situation is comfortable.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• have the relationship talk--where do you see this going-----and listen-----really listen---you probably already know the answer.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009