Please IDK what to do

I called her dr and they said dont worry about it. I had also called an advice line yesterday and hte nurse said that it could be injection sight irritation but if the reddness gets bigger then it could be infection.
I am pretty next to positive the nurse that gave her the shot DID NOT inject where she had cleaned so i am worried it could be infection,
She has NEVER had a reaction to a shot before.
SHould I take her to the Childrens ER and have them look at it?
Or should I just not worry lik eher dr said?
I have a pic below. It was about a half an inch around yesterday and now its bigger and it feels very warm tot he touch and a bit tough.
It just is huge its almost the size of her thigh now!
Please I really dont know what I should do!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It looks more like a reaction to me.. The fact that she has never had a reaction before really means nothing. It could be infection if enough time has passed, it takes about 48 to 72 hours for infection signs to appear. If it is an infection, she should have a temp not just the location. It also looks like two injections, so that might explain the larger red area.. I say if you are worried, take her to her Ped.. The ER is no place for something like this, the risks are greater for her to really catch something.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 12-11-09_0930.jpg picture by easujwu

Anonymous

• I would take her to the ER or to the doctors office to be check out. If this is the first time this has happened then something doesn't seem right. Going will also make you feel better. Good luck.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i agree go asap to rest assure and to know she is okay
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• go in. what if it is an allergic reaction. put your mind at ease momma!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies,
    It was 2 shots yes.
    She had a little temp yesterday but not today. She is a bit fussy more than normal but she is teethign too so that is another reason why I am so confused. Thanks for the advice ladies. I think I will take her to the Childrens ER since her dr doesnt care enough .
    Thanks again !
    Anonymous