I need advice on potty training...

My son is a little over 2 years old. He has a regular schedule of going potty in his diaper and has started taking off his diaper when it is dirty. He refuses, however, to sit on the small potty or the cushioned seat for the large toilet.
He also refuses to have a diaper put on. He screams, kicks, and flails around. Last night it took me an hour to get his diaper on after he went poo (I am 28 weeks preg- I cannot let him kick and flail around my giant belly).
I am considering just buying underwear and letting him feel the wetness (since he seems to know when he is about to pee or poo). Any adivce on how to start the training process? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get underware and shamwow for the messes. take him to pick out his own potty chair so he has some say on what he sits on. keep the potty in the room that you are mainly in. My DD spent the first 3 days sitting on it like it was a chair while watching Dora. Get a treat that he can only have when pottying.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009