Does anyone have any tips for un-freezing car/van doors?

We've been mid-blizzard for days and I went to clean off/warm up my mommy van this morning to take my DD to her 2y well baby check and I couldn't open a single one of my doors! I ended up bailing in through the back hatch, over the seats, and turned on the car. 20 mintues later the doors still wouldn't open and I had to pile my kids in over the back seats of the van too.

While everything worked for us, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips so I can do this with more grace next time, LOL. (Plus, I'm pregnant- so I'm not goign to be able to do this much longer!)

IrishMommaC

Asked by IrishMommaC at 12:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• de-icer comes in a can, just spray it on
    Anonymous

• anything with a heating element will work... blow drier, heated blanket. if you cannot get the cord to an outlet. that would be an issue. maybe if you oiled the doors, that would make a barrier for the ice so that it couldnt get in and freeze. can you afford to get an auto start put into the van? that would solve it... i am sorry! good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'd use a can of de-icer. I'd suggest isopropyl alcohol but I don't know how you'd get that into the mechanisms.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 5:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2009