How old were your children when they started making whole sentences?

My daughter is 13 months and she's trying! Last week, for the first time she didn't just say "water" when she wanted some, she said "want water mommy"!!!

KatiaZgr

Asked by KatiaZgr at 1:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't worry about it, every child develops at their own pace. Relax, hug your daughter and enjoy her at every stage in her life. She is only little once.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Except for my oldest, They all were talking sentences by age 2. My 2nd was cracking knock knock jokes at 2 and a half! lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My oldest was probably around 2 (which I think is pretty average).
    My son was 12 months. That boy...I swear he wanted to play catch up to his older sister so bad. They are 15 months apart and he was walking at 10 1/2 months and said his first words at 6 1/2 months (4 or 5 new words in 1 week), using 2 word phrases by 10 months and by the time he turned 1 he was using 3 and 4 word sentences. Like, "Go to work, Daddy," as he threw my husband's work clothes at him. That was funny. His doctor was pretty surprised since he said most kids do one or the other early (walk or talk) and usually boys develop speech later then girls.
    My middle daughter didn't start using sentences until she was almost 3 (she barely knew 12 words when she turned 2).
    My youngest was using sentences at 18 months and carrying on conversations by the time she turned 2. She's 3 1/2 and talks like she is 5. She's a riot to talk to.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• That's very good. 13 months is great. Some kids don't make sentences until later.
    Anonymous

• My daughter said her first word at 6 months and she was able to make a conversation when she was only 11 months old. I have a video tape of her on her cousin's birthday. My dd was 15 months and she was talking better than my niece who was 3 and a half at the time!!
    She was also walking at 8 months and running at 9 months. I wish she hadn't done everything so early, I didn't get to enjoy having a BABY for long. Everything happend SO fast. Thank God, she's an average kid now. Very smart, but also very normal!!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 2:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 1 1/2 2 years old
    Anonymous