I'm not sure how to work the question, could you just read the details please?

Ok, so I'm really ticked off at my brother. My car isn't running well today and my 5 year just started an after school program and she won't be taking a bus until Monday so I had to pick her up today and I asked my brother if he could drive me to the school (I was at my mom's house at the time) and the school is just under one mile away, the issue is that to get back to my mom's house we'd have to walk up a steep hill and I'm a severe asthmatic and my various prescriptions still don't stop the sudden attacks. My brother didn't want to drive me and told me in a matter-of-fact tone that he didn't believe asthma was a real disease and that its just an excuse for fat people and that because I have trouble breathing its easy to claim asthma...I'm not fat nor is any of our asthmatic relatives (about 1/3 of our familyhas asthma) and I was diagnosed at age 2. Has anyone else had this kind of issue with a friend or relative?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Health

• What a jerk! I am sorry that you are related to him. Is there another family member who can talk to him on your behalf? Is there a nearby parent who can drive your child?

Good luck...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Luckily today was the only day I had to pick her up from school, she just started this program for excelled reading today and the teacher/school needed time to contact the bus company so starting Monday she'll be taking the bus home. My brothers, and sisters for that matter, are very stubborn and opinionated and it takes a lot to make them see anyone else's views and in a lot of ways I can be the same but what really pissed me off is that this wasn't just a statement of opinions - asthma is defined as a disease, a genuine medical concern and I just don't understand how he can argue with that or think it's not real or that everyone is just under some mass hysteria because the medical field wants to push their drugs...which is ridiculous to think because asthma drugs don't get you high, there's some that make me shake like crazy and feel twitchy but not high. Our mom, one of our sisters, two of our brothers and myself...
    Anonymous

• ...have all been diagnosed with asthma and even the brother in question has asthma symptoms when he gets a cold and the doctor gives him albuterol and prednisone when he gets bad colds and part of that is why he feels like its all crap because he gets breathing problems but only when he's sick and I've tried telling him that as bad as his breathing gets when he's sick is not really normal for someone with a common cold and that I have those symptoms all the time and not just when I'm sick. I think I'll just ignore him for a few days and complain to my dad - because even at 23 my daddy spoils me (and my sisters) and if I ask him to talk to the jerk he will.
    Anonymous

• Oh by the way my brother in law showed up just before my daughter got out of school so he gave me a ride and then he brought us out to lunch as a reward for my daughter - for getting into the program so my brother being a dickhead actually worked out better for us.
    Anonymous