How do you build your confidence?

I just realize, I need to build my confidence, and I don't know how.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Doing things you never thought about and achieving it. Greet people with a "hello" and a smile, no matter how much you don't want to. When you see others brighten up because of your friendliness you will feel warm inside. When ordering food or at the checkout don't be like the others around you, straighten your back and be smiley and polite.
    Take interest in doing things around the house like hanging shelves or even learn to maintain your own car.
    doing things to be independent and staying positive!! and you will gain confidence.
    another small tip, never argue, always say, yes your right and walk away. Learning how to do things and how to handle others and surrounding yourself by positive people is key.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well, I would start by buying an outfit that you feel great in maybe get some make up. If there is anywhere you can volunteer at I would. Volunteering can let you meet new people, most of the time that helps with confidence. Try to surround yourself with positive people.If you hang out with someone who brings you down get rid of them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Experience. Practice makes perfect or so the old adage goes so practice. If works for all things. If you want confidence regarding people then meet a lot of people and experience all that those opportunities can bring! (good and bad)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• love yourself, focus on the good things already about you, you dont need new clothes or make up to grow confidence. keep a thankful journal and write 5 things before bed that you are greatful that happened that day. can be really simple stuff but really helps your brain focus on the good in your life. do things that make you feel good, for me that is yoga, shopping, playing with my son, doing a good job at work, taking "me time" etc.... dont let people say negative things about you or people you love, stand up for what you believe in. do volunteer work with people who need more than you do or doing something that shows off your talents. take pride in your daily activities and do them as well as you can.... best of luck to you. loving yourself can be hard some days when you have to be the bad guy with the kids and there is more conflict some days... but loving yourself is the most important thing.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• we as mom always have confidence issues it goes with the territory. the things that help me is this. i set a goal and i accomplish it no matter how little it is (clean out all junk drawers) i take each day to be gratiful--for all the little things--things that most people take for granted health, love, caring, and doing my best. and when i am at my lowest i go into my kids rooms while they are sleeping and i watch---and i know that all they are and will be i will set the standard--and i have really great kids lol.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009