Do you think this will get them to stop having more?

Josie Duggar was delivered yesterday by emergency c-section. She's only 25 weeks and 1 lb 6 oz. NOW will that woman finally stop?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NP- I see your point. I struggle with an answer for this- I honestly believe we need to be responsible when it comes to reproducing. I feel like if you have reached a certain age and already have 18 children than not having sex at the time when you are most likely to become pregnant is the responsible thing to do. By the 18th you should know your body well enough to know when you can and can not get pregnant. I think that being a good parent starts BEFORE you even get pregnant and that minimizing risks to another life is prudent. All of that being said, I wish and hope for the best for Mom and baby. And to answer the question- no, I do not believe it will stop them from having more children. They are not a family I admire and the sin of "gluttony" comes to mind when I think of them and their choices.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Im not up to date with this Duggar family. Is all the children hers? Naturally or did she have help from doctors to keep getting prego? Why do they have so many kids anyways do they not believe in bc?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No Probably not. Why should it matter though? I know plenty of first time moms who have their children early. My husband and I are even planning on at least 5 more children later in the future

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Oh and I know someone on this site who a month ago had her 3rd child at 25 weeks because her water broke.
    Things happen.
    Mrs.Owen86

• I know plenty of first time moms who have their children early.

This is number 19 - it's the baby not the grandbaby
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I know it is. My point is plenty first timers have early children too. They can havae as many as they want. At least they have their children and arent in line at the foodstamp office.
    Why is it such a big deal to you that they have 19?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Because nobody wants to watch someone commit suicide, even if it's slow suicide by pregnancy. Bodies aren't built to have that many children.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i personally don't care how many kids they have, but i do think that people with alot of kids should be treated equally as other people. no better and no worse
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Honestly, I'd be shocked if this particular premature delivery didn't have anything to do with her already having had 18 other kids, including several c-sections.. I mean, seriously, that HAS to damage her uterine lining. Yes, premature labor can happen to first time moms too, but that doesn't mean this one wasn't caused by all her previous pregnancies.

I sincerely hope they will take this as their "sign from God" that this is enough already...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The best thing I can say about this family is that they do not receive any sort of PA. However, I do not agree with their choice to have as many children as they can, just because they can. I feel sorry for that family, how do any of the babies get quality time with the parents, how do the older kids? Who is actually raising the kids, if the mom is always preggo, or taking care of a newborn? What really really bothers me about the whole thing is that they put it all onto God's will. They could at least TRY to not get pregnant every time she lays down.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009