Beating A Speeding Ticket

My husband just got one about a hour ago, and he's the most straight edged anal guy there's no way he did it purposely... he says he was just going the speed as everyone else..

What excused did you use to beat a speeding ticket? And where?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my husband went to court to contest his ticket...he was passing soemone in a passing zone and a cop pulled him over for going over the speed limit (aparantly you are not allowed to go over the marked speed limit when passing) he also fined him for passing in an intersection...wich was bull! well when he went to court there was a few people all waiting to go into the court room to contest tickets...my husband said this court official came out and said "everyone that is contesting a ticket needs to know that 9 times out of 10 we will NOT drop the ticket, but reduce the fine." and thats exactly what happened to my husband...they got rid of the fine for the intersection charge...ONLY because my husband brought in photos of the area he passed and there was no intersection. but the judge refused to even lower his speeding fine..so we paid almost 300 for that ticket.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You just go to court. Most of the time if its his first time they will just tell him not to do it again and he will go home.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Just agreeing to go to court for it gives you like an 80% maybe higher chance of winning. If the officer who issued the ticket doesn't show up then you automatically win, and most officers won't take the time for a speeding ticket.
    However check out this https://secure.motorists.org/secure/store/view/gtf.asp. My husband and I have it and its helped him beat TWO speeding tickets.
    Anonymous

• How about not speeding?
    Anonymous

• never got a ticket so i would use that against them. i would say that he must have clocked a car near me but that i am sure that i dont drive that fast ever (as evident by my record) i would go to court and argue my case. but know that lots of areas are strapped for cash and might not give you a fair chance because they need your money --- as unfair as that may be.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009