How much does it cost to go to a regular doctor without any insurance?

I thought about going to the Free Clinic, but you have to stand outside in the cold for one, two, there are tons of sick people crowded in a small room once we get in, and three, it takes HOURS. I didn't get home until after 9 pm last time, and I got there around 3, which is an hour early. I think i'd rather just pay some $ out of pocket to a regular Dr. if it's not too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If all they are going to do is look at you not give you any test then around 200. Thats how it is in NC.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• anywhere from 100-300 depending on whats done and how much the Dr charges for consultation and treatment or labs if done on premesis. I sell health benefits that are very affordable and we have a huge network of participating providers nationwide this might be something to look into if you have no insurance. This a a great an affordable alternative. contact me for details.
    cditren

Answer by cditren at 2:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Wow, they charge that much in the ER here when they just look at you.
    -OP
    Anonymous

• Maybe ask to see the P.A. and not the Dr. and see if that lowers the cost any?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I took my daughter to my family doc a couple times with no insurance. It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it was between 60 and 90 dollars per visit.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Depends.
    I know at ERs here tehy will end up charging you over 1000 dollars.
    You should look up quick cares they usually charge about 25 - 50 dollars with no insurence
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Where I go w/o health insurance is only $40 for a visit, and then I have to pay for any tests. It's a clinic that takes medi-cal, which I don't qualify for, but they also take cash.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Sometimes the urgent care facility is a good deal, $50-$100 depending. The wait is often less than 15 minutes. Some CVS locations have a "Minute Clinic."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• have you thought of applying to a local hospital for their financial aid services? I recently did because there are a lot of expensive tests i have been taken and cant afford it...well i got qualified for 100% coverage...and then found out when i went to my next REGULAR doctors appt that they are affiliated with the hospital so i was also 100% covered through them too for regular visits...so what i recommend is that you talk to your hospital and find out about financial aid AND what clinics they are affiliated with that will take their financial aid....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009