Tell me about your religion and there beliefs? There are diffrent things in the bible?

OK, so who made it up. The old testment the new. How can you be a certain religion, if they keep changing it.

I believe there is a God but now I am sooo confused, how can they change the beliefs who gave people the right?? Just curious.
Maybe I am not believing what I should?
I believe love does not come in color, race, or anything of that sort, You love who you love.
I believe a marraige is between a man and a woman, but Gay people should have some kind of connection-when they are a couple, but not marraige.
I believe in forgiveness, you can' t hold a grudge.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• we all believe what we want. Religion is constantly changing b/c man is contstantly changing consious thinking. Man wrote the bible and thus have every right to change, add, and take away what they will. I have to disagree with the opinion that marriage is between man and woman. Marriage is the unity of two ppl that are in love. It recognized that the two represent eachother. Legal marriage is another story. If gays want to pay extra taxes then so what?? B/c if you ask me, legal marriage is nothing more than a peice of papper swearing finacial responsibility for your partner. Marriage is in the heart, mind, and soul.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I am Jewish, and I believe that the words of G-d are eternal and will never change. I believe the new testament was made up by men and are not consistent.

Anonymous

• The old testament is just that old,for our times it's the new testament and the new way would be Jesus was sent to die for our sins.God through people wrote the Bible.
    Anonymous

• CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 2:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The Bible (Olde and New Testament) combined does not change. Men wrote it down, but were directed by God to do so. I believe that God was powerful enough to create the world, man, and its creatures, so I definitely believe that He is powerful enough to insure that His book was recorded accurately.

I'm Baptist. I'm a Christian first and many religions are Christian and follow the scripture (Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc). The main difference between the various Christian religions is in their rituals. I chose Baptist because I enjoy the way they do praise and worship. Also, I feel more comfortable with the way they do baptism than most relgions.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• There is more to religion than the bible. The bible is one of the newest religions on the planet. All of the hundreds that existed long before there was Judaism are still around, no matter how loud people scream for the to sit down and shut up. If you're not sure you're on the right path, go take the test and see where it says you fit in:

Beliefnet

It doesn't tell you what you "should" be but it will give you a list of which religions match your beliefs from best match to worst.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Ok Im a PBS nerd. LOL I wish I would have written this down but I watched a program about 3 yrs ago and it showed the original scripts from which the bible was inspired still exist. Isnt that amazing? Well to me it is and Im wondering if anyone else has watched or heard of this. So in a sense yes men wrote the original, but men also has been warped through out the years, IMO. You can research bibles on wickepedia to see what each bible's contents are, get reviews and critics points, etc.

The old testament is important for alot of reasons. One is the prophecy of Jesus and his line through King David and it helps connect both testaments. I really dont like the fact that some call the bible this magical book from which doesnt prove anything. Remember, not even Jesus' enemies denied his existance.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well, to start with the obvious, there are many religions that are not based on the Bible at all. Within Christianity, there are a multitude of different interpretations. I second what NotPanicking says about Beliefnet- they have a fun 'Belief-O-Matic' quiz that will ask you questions and give you a list of different religions that most closely fit with your answers. If nothing else it will give you a list you may want to learn more about!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• OK, so who made it up. The old testament the new. ...IT ALL CAME FROM GOD THE FATHER JESUS THE SON AND THE HOLY SPRIT..IT IS NOT MADE UP IT IS THE TRUTH ... LISTEN TO THIS ...    WWW.BBNRADIO.ORG   . THEY HAVE CHAT ROOM FREE.......... AND YOU CAN CALL THEM FREE 1800.888.7077 WEEK DAYS ONLY THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH ALL THESE QUIESTIONS THEY HELPED ME A LOT.........Maybe I am not believing what I should? ...... THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH AND IT WILL BE GOOD TO ASK THE HOLY SPRIT TO TEACH YOU HE WROTE IT.. THROUGH MEN . HEAR IS A FREE BIBLE ......            http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm

Anonymous

• I'm an Atheist.  I don't believe in any gods or biblical garbage and I march to the beat of my own drum.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2009