Anyone selling their britax boulevard?

I am looking to buy a britax boulevard convertible seat! I would prefer no more than two years old! Color isn't a big issue, but if you have a girly color that is always good! Please message me with your price and the specs!

Thank you!

babyruby02

Asked by babyruby02 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Keep in mind that the buckle on the Boulevard is not adjustable so it won't grow with your child. My boulevard only lasted my son about 8-9 months.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Agreed, there are much better seats out there that grow with your child. For a fraction of the price! We ended up with an EvenFlo Triumph - it rates TOP with Consumer Reports and only cost us $175. We switched to it when our son was a year old, though it can be used for infants as well. He will be in the seat until he is about 50 lbs. It is completely adjustable and we love it!

eBay is a great way to look for both new and old seats.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would not suggest a used seat because you just never know if it has already been in a crash. Is your child rear facing or forward facing? If you would like you could join the car seat group and everyone there will suggest a good seat for your specific situation.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• When I was researching, it says it goes up to 65 lbs... are there seats that go higher than that? What do you guys recommend?
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/baby-toddler/car-seats/car-seat-recommendations/booster-seat.htm

I recommend looking at consumer reports. We love our EvenFlo and will buy the same one for our next child. The problem with the Boulivard is that the straps don't adjust to grow with your child. Mine for instance, he is 2 1/4 but as tall as most 4 year olds. He is thin, but tall. So you never know how your baby will grow and want to maxamize the car seat... especially for the amt of money you spend on them.

If you don't have a CR subscription, they are pretty cheap. If you can't get one for whatever reason, let me know what you would like to know specifically & I am happy to look it up for you!

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• dont look at consumer reports. you shouldnt buy a used seat, EVER. Britax boulevard is great- its BRITAX. Evenflo Triumph Advance is good too... no matter what seat you get, you should look into extended rear facing, your baby is 5X safer rear facing.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Consumer reports does NOT report on used items. ONLY new - factory tested. We use consumer reports before we buy any high ticket item. They have the best safety ratings!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Hey, I used to have one, and I didn't love it. I replaced it with a Compass True Fit and we have been so much happier. Mine rear faces at 2.5.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Consumer reports is not professional opinions. Most 3-in-1s rate high on consumer reports, but if you ask someone who KNOWS about carseats, they will tell you they suck. People also report on how the seat looks.... how it looks has nothing to do with how it performs. If you want an opinion on a car seat, join the carseat groups and ask the professionals....
    You cant go wrong with a Britax, as long as it fits in your car anyways,
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2009