What do you do to display your Christmas cards?

Do you keep cards from previous years or only display the ones you receive this year? I do a few different things to display them depending on the house we are in (military, we move quite a bit), but am looking for some new ideas. I do keep cards from previous years, so I have more than 30 cards right now, and would love ideas.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• I saw a really neat idea in Family Fun magazine for making a tree out of an inverted tomato cage -- http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-cards/christmas-card-displays/cagey-conifer-792522/

I tore the directions out of the magazine while at a doctor's office but never did make it. Maybe next year . . .

The Family Fun website has some cute ideas!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• There are a few sets of directions on here that show you how to turn old cards into ornaments. I haven't tried them, but I would if I had enough good quality card to attempt it.

http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/christmas-ornaments
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't keep previous years. All the cards we get go into a decorative box that sits on our breakfast bar.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't keep them from previous years, but I get around 30 a year. I tape them up around a doorway. It looks nice and after christmas I throw them away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I bought a thing at Kohls in the picture frame section. I don't know what it's called but to make one you just get a cork board and cover it in fabric and then put ribbon criss crossing on it. I bought a brown one and then used green ribbon to hang it in my entry way. Then I just put the cards under the ribbon to keep them there. Last year I bought wide ribbon and hung it around the door frame from the entryway to the living room and then had bows in the corners. Then I taped the cards to the ribbon. That didn't work too well and one of my dogs kept stealing the cards near the bottom. Maybe if I had better tape since the ribbon was velvet or similar, it didn't stick very well. I don't keep the cards once Christmas is over. When the rest of the decorations get put away, the cards go in the trash.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009