Have you heard of the new trend -- Cyberbegging?

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/12/sign-of-the-times-ebay-holiday-panhandling.html

AngelaKay

Asked by AngelaKay at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 3:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It is all over CafeMom

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Ebay may be new, but the cyberbegging isn't. I knew of women (or alleged women) years ago who would sweet talk guys into sending them tons of money every month.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• When it comes to my kids I am not to proud to beg.
    However I personally would never give to such a thing, How am I to know that this is real family in need and not a scam? No I think I will stick with "toys for Tots" and our adopt a family program here at work.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It comes down to priorities... If they get rid of the internet, that they are paying for, then maybe they could have saved up enough for a few things.. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• They have a name for it now? Oi. It's been around as long as the internet's been around.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If they get rid of the internet, that they are paying for, then maybe they could have saved up enough for a few things

Because of course, nobody has a job that provides net access, or a library, or lives with family, or an apartment that includes free internet. Every poor person on the internet is paying top dollar for broadband

eye rolling

Anonymous

• LOL yeah...we pay about $30 a month for internet and phone bundled together. That wouldn't do much of anything for us. We would just be bored as fuck and would spend that money elsewhere.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No shame what so ever.  Violin

Anonymous

• what i find strange about it is that it's for gifts as oppose for necessities...like, food,rent water, electricity or day to day living.
    Anonymous