• In the Spotlight:

If you are home...

do you turn your Christmas tree lights on?

I do...we only have our tree up for a month so I want to enjoy looking at it. I love it at night- only need the tree lights on- looks so pretty. I leave them on all day though.

I also leave the blow up train on outside...I don't like seeing them all flat in peoples yards? I figure I have it, might as well enjoy it also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. I leave my tree lights on all day (but unplug when we go to bed...wouldn't want a housefire!), and I am going to put up icicle lights today so I will probably have those on from about 4pm-11pm when we go to bed every night.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i NEVER TURN MY TREE ON ITS BEEN ON SINCE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING NEVER BEEN TURNED OFF
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• sorry. i never turn my tree lights off. they have been on since day b4 thanksgiving.
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I turn them off when we go to bed and on when we get up in the morning. The outside lights come on at 5pm
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Depends on the day. My son likes the lights on though so usually they are on all day until we go to bed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I turn both the tree and the outside lights on when it gets dark. When my kids are home out of school in the few days leading up to Christmas, I leave the tree on all day for them.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• if we are home or it is nighttime, the tree is on. If we are not going to be home we might or might not turn it off, depends on how rushed we are getting out the door and when we will be coming back. For example, I didn't turn it on this morning cuz I had errands to run and we just got home at 3pm. Im turning it on now tho and it will be on until bedtime. I like leaving it on during the night too but my boyfriend says that's a waste. W/E, I just turn it on during the day to make up for it :)
    Outside lights get turned on around 4, it gets dark EARLY now!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We don't because we downsized from a house to a apartment...:( But usually we leave them on until bedtime since we use LED lights in our decorations...saves almost half on the electricity!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I turn the tree on during the day and at night turn it off to give it a rest being we are not up enjoying it!

Something about the serenity of the lights I like to look at the tree during the day.
    Anonymous

• Our son turns them on at 6:30 when he gets up for school, after they leave I turn them off , then turn them back on right before they get home. I don't keep them on because I'm running in and out all day and don't want them left on while I'm gone. Then I turn them off at bedtime. The outside lights go on at 5pm and get turned off when I take our dogs out right before bed. I don't leave those on of we're gone, I guess I'm paranoid, I don't want my house to burn down. There have been 2 house fires in our area from christmas lights so I'm not taking any chances...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009