is it okay to bounce around while pregnant? Like dancing?

I was bouncing around and cleaning today listening to music.. I wasnt jumping or anything.. Just bouncing and moving my hips and such. Will this harm my baby? im 38 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it, but it will work your muscles and may help to induce labor lol
    Anonymous

• no not at all. is actually good. in anciant times moms used todance thats how belly dancing got started.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• as long as your not on a trampoline your good :)
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• nope you are fine :) i agree that jumping on a trampoline or anything else that might lead to falls onto your stomach wouldn't be a great idea.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• actually it is encouraged! its good exercise, and they even offer preggo dance classes. water aerobics. low impact aerobics. cycling (stationary bike). a whole TON of exercise programs targeted at pregnant women... its perfectly safe. you SHOULD be doing things like this (an no, it will NOT induce labor- don't get your hopes up after what anon said).

oh, and not at all suggesting it, but when i was 11 my moms BFF actually induced labor with #3 by jumping on the trampoline (she had her MW with her-who traveled from CA to SC to be with her), any way.... water broke, baby was there in 4 hours. lol AGAIN I AM NOT SUGGESTING THIS!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• LoL, yeah, it's perfectly fine! Also sounds like you might be nesting!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No ,just don't get carried away.When I was prego. with my first 17 years ago me & my ex- husband where leaving a lamoze class and I started a pillow fight with him and went to jog,(not run) and it was to much my body gave out on me and I fell in the parking lot.Well good news I was already at the clinic for the class.I was fine, baby was fine, It was a wake-up call for me .I didn't realize that some things you shouldn't do prego.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not :) If you feel up to it, go for it. Just pay attention to your body. I linedance 2-3x per week, for about 5-7 hours at a time. I did it before I got pregnant, even more than that. I just take lots of breaks and drink lots of water.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 4:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I love dancing even before I was pregnant, now slow dancing with my hunnie is so relaxing and the swaying of the hips just helps me with the pressure being put on the pelvic region. One of my favorite activities and i feel so close to him and comforted!
    ashley_2187

Answer by ashley_2187 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2009