Why would someones first love add them on facebook? My first love added me and Im clueless. Im curious, Im married with kids so I dont understand why he would care to add me. No I will not ask him. Please do not bash me, I will not cheat on my husband with him.

Hes still single which kinda surprises me. He doesnt message me on facebook at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think people add everyone they know on fb. Its just a way to see how everyone is doing without having a real relationship with them. My first love is on my page and so is his wife and we never talk on there at all.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Maybe he is one of those people who wants tons of friends so he just adds anyone he knows.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Maybe he just wants access to your account and see what you are up to.
    Anonymous

• I have had five or six old boyfriends send me friends requests on FB. Honestly, it creeps me out, and I ignore them. I do have male friends, my spouse has female friends, so this is not the issue. Why would someone I haven't spoken to for more than fifteen years want to contact me? It is just weird!!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Be very careful, I just had a fling with my first love and I'm married with 3 kids...THANKS FB!!!!!
    Anonymous

• it's friggin FB, i have a couple of my ex's who i stay in touch with, and have, even through a marriage, kids, etc. I'm in a committed relationship with my first love (funny enough), and would never conceive such an idea as to cheat with someone on FB... I don't know where you would get the idea that adding someone means that you are romantically inclined.

no bashing here, just lighten up a bit. ok?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm friends with my first love. What's the big deal? We were in love 15 years ago, & we are WAY past that. To be honest, when he asked me to be his friend i was happy. I was glad to know he was doing well & interested in what he has been up to. We were also good friends though. But, i think ex's can be friends if they are mature enough. In fact, I'm friends w/ 2 ex boyfriends on facebook. DH knows & does not care. I leave my facebook page open, so if DH wants to look at it, he is more than welcome.

I say it's not a big deal. It's quite normal for people to want to know how an old friend/love is doing. It does not mean they are still interested in you or want to persue something with you. Just take him as a friend & nothing more.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would of just ignored his friends request.
    Anonymous

• Seems like people just like to accumulate friends on there for their profiles. Don't worry about it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• He is probably curious to see what happened to you, don't sweat it, I would be curious too... if he does anything inappropriate, unfriend him!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009