how can i work from home?

i will be moving to dallas , tx in january with my husband ...
I'm pregnant and have a toddler .. and know i wont go straight to work once i move
But i'm looking for something to help me make some money on the side ...
not afraid of working hard but do want to have time for my kids..
and i dont wanna both with any of those get rich quick scams...
and i dont know about sells since i dont know anyone in texas

patrtiots_mommy

Asked by patrtiots_mommy at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You can sell on eBay or localy on craigslist...you can start with things your family no longer uses and then buy things on clearance and at thrift shops.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I work at home and have a 5 year old in school, a 2 year old at home with me and one on the way. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! I would love to get you more information and answer any questions that you may have. My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I work at home and I love it!

No Inventory
    No parties
    Daily Pay
    Benefits provided
    Training online and on the phone
    You will need internet access and a phone

If you would like more info go to:

http://iboplus.com/lhink

I work around my family and you can too!

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 6:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well, I work from home with Ameriplan.. I have two small children and I am able to do both. There is no "sales" or cold calls, you can work on or off line and we are based in Dallas! So, you would even be able to get one on one in person training from some of our team and company leaders if you chose to! You will need an internet connection and a phone, but there is no pushy sales to do, and you don't have to push friends of family to join either. You'll get paid daily, for new business, weekly for bonuses and monthly for all "residual" income. While Ameriplan is NOT a get rich quick, you can easily earn a full time income working from home and our AVERAGE income after just 3 to 5 years is 6 figures. Plus you get benefits that will save your family THOUSANDS of dollars a year!!!

You can get all the information about our company, services and more at www.ThisIsAP.com

Let me know if you have questions!
    Sabrina

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I cannot sell either, I am to shy! I work from home with an amazing company! It is hard to find! It took me 6 years. No selling, or inventoy or home shows! It is $1 for the business kit!
    I have three kids, 5,3,1! If you are willing to work then this is for you! Not a get rich quick thing, which is good because they never work and probably are scams. Our company is awarded by the Better Business Bureau!
    Conact me for more info, we have an amazing webcast to answer all your questions or contact me anytime. Here is my website too!
    http://www.WorkingGreenMoms.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 7:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Hi, you can make real, FREE, money with these JOBS. Try out for them all.
    1. 1800Flowers (a friend used to work there)
    2. Liveops (a friend workers there now)
    3. kgb http://542542.com/ (I work here they need of workers now) I make $1-3/hr but I can work anytime I want 24/7/365
    4. ChaCha.com (hiring temporarily hurry!, I LOVE this job!)
    5. westathome (my close friend works here,only some states)

Then check out www.MomsTeamingUp.org here on cafemom
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 8:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I actually write How to articles on eHow.   I have created a series of work at home articles to help moms just like you.  Please check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Finding work at home job can be stressful and alot of them out there are scams so be careful when doing your search. I work at home around my 5 children. They are 3,2,1, 2 month old twins.

I work at home through Ameriplan. I found this to be the best fit for me and my family. I did alot of research on them before I joined. I know alot of people who could use the discount card and that is the other main reason why i joined.

Right now you can join Ameriplan for only $25. Last time they had a promotion like this was last year, so if you would like to make more money in 2010 now is the time to get on board. If this sounds like something you might be interested in please visit my websites.

www.freedomathometeam.com/bahughes08
    www.iboplus.com/bahughes

I hope that you find a good fit for you and your family wherever that may be :-)

ameriplanmommy5

Answer by ameriplanmommy5 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I also work at home with ChaCha get in while you can! Its tough to find open hiring hurry!

You may also join my group here on cafemom where there are over 100 companies posted that hire people such as your self from home you can get to the group by going to www.newcareerforme.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009