flying from Europe to the US with a 2 year old and a 3 month old.

We're moving to the states from Germany with my 2 son's and I need some information on how to keep my 2 year entertained on the plane. we have a dvd player and I'll bring crayon's and snacks but does someone have any other cool ideas to keep a busy 2 year old happy on a long journey.

laika

Asked by laika at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The plane ride is like 10 hours. Most of the time they sleep through most of the ride. I feel for you. Most of the planes I have been on going to and from Europe have tv's in the seats. You can watch movies on it for free.

Answer by louise2 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Check with the airline; some of the overseas flights have baby beds available.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• That will be me in a few months! I've travelled 3 times with my, now 16 month old, son and it has been a good experience everytime. Travel with a carseat for both children. (If you are flying via military - make them buy you a seat for each person.) Kids sleep best in the carseat. You've got the best ideas with some new toys and things to keep them busy. Flying back to the States you won't have an overnight flight, but you should be able to get in a nap at least. Just don't stress too much about your child and making noise, everyone's been there and they're never misbehaving as much as you think they are.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2009