Adopted and happy. Yes, it can happen.

I posted a question on here about adopted children and parents can love the kids they have adopted like their own. One poster said "I don't care how much you say you love your adopted daughter. She's NOT your real daughter and you're NEVER going to love her like she's yours. Your adopted kid is NEVER going to be as happy as my biological kids"

Now, what's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Adoption

• I AM the one who made that commend. I'll chose to stick to it. Let it go OP, I'm right and you're wrong. Nothing you can do about it, just give up.
    Anonymous

• Of course it can happen. I was adopted and, honestly, I could never wish for a better family. I was an amazingly happy kid and I hope my daughter has it the same. wow ANON :53 you're really bitter.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 3:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Emmagr You're ignorant. You might THINK you had it good as an adopted kid because you've never experienced living with your biological parents. People who adopt are dumb. Who knows what the adopted kid might turn out to be?
    Anonymous

• And you're so confident in your opinion that you post your reply anonymously? Sounds like you have a troll on your hands OP so ignore her/him/it. Eitehr that or she has some real issues and bitterness about something in her own life.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 3:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think that's crazy. That is such an ignorant comment to make "Your adopted kid is NEVER going to be as happy as my biological kids" Just because a child is adopted does not mean they can't be happy. My SO is not my daughter's father, but he loves her like she is his...and she love him like he is her daddy...he IS her daddy. You are ignorant and plain stupid if you really believe that
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• OMG I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEBODY SO IGNORANT BEFORE IN MY LIFE. GET OVER YOURSELF. YOU CAN'T SAY THAT A CHILD WHO IS ADOPTED CAN NEVER BE AS HAPPY AS A CHILD WHO LIVES WITH THEIR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS BECAUSE MOST OF THE KIDS WHO ARE ADOPTED ARE ADOPTED BECAUSE THEIR REAL PARENTS DON'T WANT THEM OR CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEM. YOU ARE SUCH AN IDOIT. SERIOUSLY. I CAN'T EVEN GET OVER HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. IT'S RIDICULOUS.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You people mean to tell me that you ACTUALLY think the OP can possibly love her adopted girl more than YOU love your biological kids? I think not. So that's my point.
    Anonymous

• I already have a biological daughter and I would like to adopt another child soon. Because I had it SO good as a child even though I was adopted.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 4:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• and who know what the adopted kid might turn out to be? Hello...how do you know what your OWN child will turn out to be? It's no different. You are making me SO angry right now, and I don't even KNOW anyone who is adopted!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't think she can love her adopted child MORE than I love my biological kids...BUT I do believe she can love her adopted child just as much as I love my kids!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009