I really need some help ladies..anyone have anxiety disorders??

Im pretty sure I have an anxiety disorder..Im not sure if its hereditary..my mom also has one and is on medication for it..but I HATE the idea of being medicated, my mom is on so many different medications Im just afraid ill end up being the same way so ive been trying to just deal with it on my own but Im having trouble still. I just had what felt like an anxiety attack for no reason, I just felt like I couldnt breath and I kept trying to yawn and breath deep to get oxygen in and I just kept having to do it..its starting to subside but its not exactly enjoyable. I know I have alot of the symptoms.
Physical symptoms of anxiety-
Shortness of breath
Fatigue
Insomnia
Stomach upset
Sweating

Are you plagued by fears that you know are irrational, but can’t shake?
I constantly obsess over germs and giving them to my child..I constantly wash my hands and avoid touching my child or other things to prevent spread of germs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I constantly obsess over giving my child warts (the ones on your hands, I have one I cant get rid of) and also cold sore…I think about it all day long and im so cautious about everything I do..Im afraid to touch my childs food when preparing it or anything of that nature…I hate feeling this way and I never used to until a few months after I had my child
    Anonymous

• I do. I just can't afford to get help and that is with health insurance. I hate being this way.
    Anonymous

• I get the same breathing thing when I have anxiety...it feels like even though I know I'm breathing...I'm not. It feels like I am drowning almost and no matter how deep a breath I take it doesn't help. I was on so many different meds before when I was younger...but I just said screw it...I can deal with the panic attacks myself....I dunno what to say
    Anonymous

• yeah I feel the same way like im breathing but im not..it feels like im holding my breath under water for too long...or someone is pushing in on my back and chest so I cant breath...its so weird...my husband has been deployed for almost a year so I know that is probably a large cause of it and im hoping they stop when he comes home..but I dont even know why im having an anxiety attack I feel fine and im not upset about anything
    Anonymous

• I actually do have a diagnosed anxiety disorder that sounds ALOT like what you are describing. It is called Generalized Anxiety Disorder. That is where you worry over many things that normal people wouldn't really think about. You see the worst outcome for every situation. People with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) go through the day filled with exaggerated worry and tension, even though there is little or nothing to provoke it. They anticipate disaster and are overly concerned about health issues, money, family problems, or difficulties at work. Sometimes just the thought of getting through the day produces anxiety. People with GAD can’t seem to get rid of their concerns, even though they usually realize that their anxiety is more intense than the situation warrants. They can’t relax, startle easily, and have difficulty concentrating. Often they have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Physical symptoms that often accompany the anxiety include fatigue, headaches, muscle tension, muscle aches, difficulty swallowing, trembling, twitching, irritability, sweating, nausea, lightheadedness, having to go to the bathroom frequently, feeling out of breath, and hot flashes. That is the info my dr gave me to read about it.

I was diagnosed in 2005. I actually FELT like I was going crazy. I had SO many panic attacks in a day that I finally checked myself into the psych ward of the hospital for 3 days. There, they FINALLY gave me the medicine I needed and the relaxation techniques i needed to get a grip on it. I was put on antidepressant Seroquel (DO NOT EVER TAKE THAT MED), and anti anxiety Klonopin. The medicine takes the edge off the worry, and alleviates panic attacks. It lets you have a clear mind where you can take care of your kids and daily life a bit better. I was on that for almost 6 months, and
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i had to do my relaxation techniques a few times a day every day for quite a while (about 3 or 4 months) to keep the panic attacks away, but it worked! I've been off the medicine since mid 2006 (including the antidepressant), I only have very very mild panic attacks occasionally now and in situations that actually somewhat warrant panic. I have learned how to distinguish what is really worth being anxious about (almost nothing) from things that are irrational fears. I can feel myself getting anxious about something, and then just tell myself that is nothing to worry about and quit being silly, It normally works. I just want you to know there is hope, you don't have to be like this your whole life and you don't have to pass it on to your child (but if she sees you being like that then you very well may). If you want to know about the relaxation techniques PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2009