does anyone know of a tool on a website that can let me know if what I am eating is right for weight loss?

I know alot of sites that have calorie counters and calories burned while exercising. I need a site that will let me know if I am getting the right amount of nutrients and healthy fats and such.... I run 3 miles ,6 days a week and I am stuck at 200lbs. and I`m 5`6 . I push myself when I run , I run 8 minute miles. That is the pace I`ve been sticking with. Does anyone have suggestions? Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• sparkpeople
    You put in your stats, including how much you exercise, and un-select the box to use their meal plan. From there you track what you eat AND your activity for the day, and at the end of each day you get a chart showing how much you've had of each category (fats, protein, carbs, plus any other categories you tell it to track) along with a chart showing how much you should be eating each day, broken down by category and as a caloric range.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Get a food scale and measuring cups and measure EVERYTHING. If you had a personal trainer, teaching you to measure food would drive you nuts and s/he would make you do it all the time!! So annoying. Even if you think you are eye-balling it right. A trainer will force measuring cups and scales on you.

There are tons of calorie counters on the web. Most food comes with a nutrition label to help you count. Log everything you eat in your journal.

1 lb of fat = 3500 calories -- that's tough!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I wouldnt measure success by the scale alone...how do your clothes fit?Often when we get stuck on the scale we are still losing inches and thats just as important as pounds.When I started running alot in the summer....5 plus miles a day,the scale stuck for me too,however I was losing inches.What are you eating?Are you getting enough to support your activity level?Also I never measure food lol...I count calories and work out 3-4 days a week(Im a runner too)I have come from 275 to 128 pounds.I recommend spark people as they have awesome tools to help you,thats what I used when I first started losing weight.Also changing up your workout routine may help too.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009