the sheeples

down the street are having another xmas party.of course my dd is not invited.i think its appalling.they invite everyone in the neighbor hood besides my daughter.my daughter is besides herselfwith rejection.i feel like posting on my facebook how apalled i am.MY therapist suggested that my dd might see a therapist for all the rejection my family has endured.i want to say something to these woman but they make themselves unapproachable.my daughter works at the school store with my this woman but changed her hrs when she found out she was working with my dd.the whole thing is immature but really taking affect on my dd.any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would invite them over and be adult about it but simply ask them what the deal is and if there is any possible resolution. If there isn't then just agree not to be around each other.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Why would she WANT to go?? IF she knows this lady doesn't like her, then why would she or you expect anything different? What is the reason that the lady doesn't like your dd? There has to be a reason. IF it's that important to your dd, then maybe she should grow up, be the bigger person, and say to this "neighbor" - I am sorry for whatever I have done to make you not like me and maybe they can get past these childish issues.

If you are thinking about posting it on your facebook page - then you are just as childish and immature as the rest of them. You need to tell your dd that sometimes life doesn't make sense. When people don't like you for whatever reason - then move on.... in the long run it won't matter.

How old is your dd???
    Anonymous

• I agree with the 1st poster AND the 2nd poster
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 4:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I get the feeling there is much more to this story. Why has your family endured such recent rejection?

I agree with both of the PP's.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i am sorry but my dd didnt do anything ...she was on her bycicle and fell ripping her pants and had a cut that needed stitches.not one mom came out to do anything.they just watched her.dont say my dd has to apologize for anything these woman are the ones being ignorant.my 10 yr old daughter has nothing to be sorry for.,she used to play with there kids all the time.its there ignorance not my dd.not this time.i am appalled that you would even think it is my daughter with out even knowing the situation.hmm quick to judge.my dh asked one of the woman and she said we have nothing against your daughter she can come down to play anytime ya right...so please dont put the blame on my innocent child she has been hurt by them enough......
    Anonymous

• Maybe the other kids don't get along with her. Please don't try to force a relationship with these neighbors, as I was your daughter once upon a time. Make your DD feel better by having her invite her OWN friends over, and make a huge deal of it in your front lawn. Let her and her friends TP your trees, bushes, fence, have a snowman-building contest, and maybe even organize a small scavenger hunt and send your little teams over to those neighbors' houses.

It may/may not be the parents of the children, it may be the kids themselves that don't like your daughter. And it may not have been anything she did. I know that if one little girl starts a rumor, a grudge can be hard to get rid of with other 10 yr olds asking, "You're going to invite her? I thought you were mad at her?" and saying stuff like, "Well, I'm not coming if she's coming, she wouldn't give me that thing I wanted last time." Meaning, it could be peer pressure,
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• and maybe each of those kids wouldn't ever reject her alone, but when they're together, it's a vicious little pride that will NOT accept a new member. What ever you do, do not encourage your DD to "try harder to get them to like her." This will encourage her to give in to peer pressure, and she may end up with the wrong crowd by doing so.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• First of all - you didn't mention that your dd was a child. You said that "my daughter works at the school store with my this woman but changed her hrs when she found out she was working with my dd" - which sounds like your dd is an adult that is working at the school. So that is why some of the answers were like they were.

I agree that there is much more to the story than you are sharing with us. Next time be more clear in your question and you will get more appropriate answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2009