Did you have an abortion

and regret it ever since? What do you do if you are on birth control because you know you cannot handle another child mentally or financially, but end up pregnant anyway? I am SO terrified this is going to happen to me, and I am completely against abortion, but I also know I would never be able to hand my child away and live with it. How are you able to mentally deal with abortion?

Didn't know what section to put this under.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had one. its hard, but i was young... and i handle it bc i know that if i had that child i wouldnt have the husband and children i have now.
    Anonymous

• I almost did with my 2nd. I didn't think that I could handle another so quickly. But you do what you have to do.
    Anonymous

• you would rather kill a baby then give it to someone else who could take care of it? that baby is someones love of their life!! that's really messed up you need to think about this before you do anything.. maybe you should just not have sex.. or get a IUD ..
    Anonymous

• anon- for most couples trying to abstain is not an option (as i'm sure you well know). an IUD is not fool proof, neither is having a TL.

I almost went through with it with my 3rd. my ex husband raped me (was the first time we had had sex in months) with the intent of getting me pregnant (he knew i was going to leave him soon). well, it worked- there i was, pregnant, without a place to live, 2 kids, a dead end job, abusive husband... made the appointment and could not go through with it. i look at troy now, and know that even though i didn't believe i could handle it- well, here he is, and we're all fine.

i feel for you, because i know how scary that thought is- in fact, my tubal may have failed, and i am now having to deal with much the same thoughts... its scary. but you can't focus on it until you have it right in front of you, you just don't know how you'll react.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Sadly there are women who think they cant handle abstinence but would consider abortion.

Seriously, these women would rather abort their baby than consider just not having sex??
    Anonymous

• Abstinence is always an option.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Yes and no. I have no regrets. I will never have a regret. It was my body and my choice. If I had to do it over again, I would still take the same route.
    Anonymous

• You people who are saying to abstain from having sex for 20+ years are fking stupid. There is no fool proof method of BC.
    Anonymous