Fetal hiccups?

Hello everybody :)
I'm Lana and I'm new here.
I was wondering how many of u experienced fetal hiccups while pregnant?Is there such thing as excessive hiccups and if so,do i need to report it to my doctor?
I'm 31 week pregnant with lil girl who has the hiccups every day,5 times a day,10 min each time.
I did some research on the net and got worried.There is this Dr.Collins who keep talking about fetal hiccups after 28 weeks being a sign of cord compression.
He also says decrease movements are worrisome as much as increase in the fetal activity.I found this info bit confusing so I'm asking ur opinion.
I'm so stressed about this,i can't eat or sleep.However,my lil girl keeps kicking and hiccuping.

Any thought/advice/opinion will be GREATLY appreciated.Thank you :)

girl-23

Asked by girl-23 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My DD had them all the time! Even after she was born. She is and was fine. Dont worry all will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My son had the hiccups ALL the time in utero, you could see it across the room! He is now a healthy, happy and active 15 yr old and never had a problem one, so dont worry yourself too much, especially if all else is normal.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 5:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Thank you :)
    I'm worried because I e-mailed this doctor,and he replayed right away saying that regular hiccups always mean cord problem,such as a loop,a knot,cord around the neck..
    I'm glad that im not the only one experienced frequent hiccups.

What do u mean " all the time"? Like once a day or several times during the day?
    girl-23

Answer by girl-23 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Several times a day, like 4 or 5, and some days it seemed he never stopped (but oh my, that was 16 yrs ago and Ive had a couple other kids since then....lol) Im sure all is fine Momma, but if you are that worried, you can always call your OB Doc and they can do anultrasound and a look see to make sure the baby is ok. As long as she is moving and all that, I wouldnt worry much.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 5:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• ((nurse tamra))no its is nothing to worry about this happens alot in pregnancy nothing to get worked up about your doctor cant help with this one its out of anyones hands just remember its also a good thing your baby is health and is moving and getting hiccups....
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 6:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My son got the hiccups 2-4 times a day...no problems with the cord. I'm 36 weeks 5 days right now and she gets the hiccups the same 2-4 times a day. I just rub her butt until they calm down. They get the hiccups because they are practicing breathing, and that's a good thing. The sites where he is mentioned look like nothing but scare tactics to get donations.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Thank you :)
    I'm even shy to talk about it AGAIN with my doc.He touched my belly when it happened and said baby's practicing breathing..
    This new doctor i found online,said too many movements it's not good as well.His articles make me go nuts.
    If the HR is 100 it's not good,but also if the HR is 150.I mean..he wants to make a point but the way he speaks it's just too confusing.
    I'm glad i found this site and all of u :) Thanks again for ur answers.
    girl-23

Answer by girl-23 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• ok thats your problem dont worry about what the net says half of thats bull just let day by day go by and movement is not bad its good to ave a moving baby it means im alive and im growing
    Anonymous

• YES, YES, YES it CAN be a sign of a problem!!!! My dd had excessive hiccups for about a month and it started around 32 weeks. They happened as often and as long as you described and she was very active, no other problems. I told the midwife and she laughed it off. She stopped moving one day at 39wks5d. She was delivered and her cord was around her neck twice, around her body and around her arm. She didn't make it. Otherwise she was healthy. A SIMPLE ultrasound would have showed this and saved her life but I didn't know.

Ask for a non stress test (it doesn't take long and its a piece of mind), go pay for a 3-D ultrasound or ask for an ultrasound at the ob's office but don't just dismiss it if you are worried. I wish to GOD someone had told me not to dismiss it and I could have found out before it was too late. PLEASE go with your instinct. Do kick counts every day!!!! I'm not going to say don't worry..better safe than sorry.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry for ur loss.I had u/s at 28 weeks when she started moving more.The cord was near the face but not around her neck.
    I had NST 3 days ago and was told that she's doing well.
    I have to have a doctor's reference for the u/s and he's not doing u/s at his office..
    girl-23

Answer by girl-23 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009